Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bad Hair Day!


Look at my old lover boy, Gordie, now named Boris.  I miss this little guy so much.  He was with me for quite a while before he found himself a new forever home.  Here is the latest update:  "Boris is fine!  Was Mr. Social during my wife's family visit this past Saturday and seems very comfortable with his new family."

Yay!


This morning I let this pretty girl go, back where she came from, in the dirty, dangerous neighborhood of Central and Fifth.  She was pregnant yesterday, but isn't today.  She will not have to give birth under the dirty porch there, where her babies will most likely die, most of them anyway, and she will not have to endure trying to nurse them thru the spring storms that are surely here, and coming.   She will not have to worry about them, when they begin to walk, about corralling them back from the road 20 feet away from the pitiful shelters that they have.   Letting them back out is the hardest thing for me to do, because I am all about rescuing these animals, not letting them go.  But who knows, maybe someday, like so many others, she will learn to trust me, to trust a human, to crave that warmth and kindness, and want to be rescued and loved and given a loving home.  Maybe.



At Baldwin, I believe I saw another pregnant tabby.  Its very dark when I arrive here in the morning, so I can only see a shape before she begins to run away.  She runs for cover when I arrive, after coming out from under the bench where the food is/was.  There are a couple of shelters under there, hopefully she is using them. I have not seen the red injured one that I saw there two days ago.  It was super wet this morning, so many towels will need to be laundered.  Joy.


The landlord on Short Street, who is renovating a house to be rented, dumped this garbage in front of my shelter next door.  Nice.  Would you want to live here?  Disgusting.

Finally, just a couple shots of the two other babies out there that wait for me to arrive each morning, 365 days a year - between 5-6 am, for their breakfast.  Big Red, and this other black fluffball, both homeless, all wishing they had a home. 



Please spread the word.

Have a great day!
 
"Compassion is the radicalism of our time."

3 comments:

  1. Great update on Boris. The rest of your post made me cry. -carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting the kitty fixed (you and Laura). One kitty at a time. You're the BEST!!
    Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, I just want to have a home for all of them. The female you had to re-release this morning is just beautiful and what a sweet face. I know how hard it is for you - it's hard just to hear about it, let alone do it. But you helped her overcome a huge, looming issue that will make her life easier, although not easy. ♥

    ReplyDelete