Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Quiet on the Homefront

Yes, an uneventful morning.  I pulled up to my first spot, on Parsells, where I've had some trouble recently since the man who owned the house rented out the apartments he was renovating.  He had allowed me to feed the cats until tenants moved in.  Then he told me I could feed on the side of the house, then in back and then someone started to move them to a position that stated 'we don't want you feeding here anymore'.  After continuing to feed, they finally trashed my beautiful shelters. Ronald and Donald, the two brothers from Texas that I had met long ago who were friends with Crazy Lisa from down the street, the one that was doing crazy things to the cats, came out the morning I realized I had no where to place the food and offered their porch.  As crazy as they look, two gangly guys with gray hair -  they may be twins, they are sweet.  So, this morning, Ronald was waiting for me.   He asked if I could move my bowls to the porch next to them.  He said the birds were leaving a lot of droppings on his porch.  He said the place next door was vacant.  What a Godsend!  :)  So, as I placed the bowls, two hungry cats were waiting.  I thanked him, left him a flier about sheltering and feeding the cats, and left on my morning route.

Just after I left the 4th and Pennsylvania spot, I got a call from Laura who said she was going to trap there today, as I have two spots at the clinic for tomorrow.  This was a surprise, so I had to hurry back and remove the food that the cats had already gobbled up.  Cats need to be very hungry when trapping.  Its the only way to lure them.  As I walked up, I saw seven cats scattering, along with a very vivid beautiful calico that looked pregnant to me.  In fact, I had seen her before and thought she was.  So, hopefully Laura will get her this time.  I believe we had tried to get her before but couldn't due to rain.  There are a ton here at this spot that need neuter/spay.

I leave you with a few pics from this morning - click on them to zoom:

Hayward - Vacant Lot


Baldwin - Sweet Kitty, needs home

Baldwin - Head Wound Red

Short Street

Short Street - Sweet Kitty needs home

4th & Penn - Cats waiting for me to leave across the road

Second St - Paul's garage


 I wish you a GREAT day!

"Happiness is not something ready made.  It comes from your own actions."

No comments:

Post a Comment