Friday, May 2, 2014

Time Is On My Side



Yes it is....  (Mick Jagger, yea baby!)

It was this morning for me because I finished up my rounds in.....  40 minutes!  Record!  That was skipping my second Parsells spot behind Kevin's house, but still, pretty good!  I think it had something to do with the rain that started at 5:05 am., just minutes after I left my house.  Thanks.  That's about 12 hours after I paid to have my hair washed and straightened.  I have to do that because my hair is so thick, and my flattening iron is so cheap.  And I have to have my hair straightened otherwise I look like Bozo the Clown.  Thanks rain.  So I hurried this morning, still saving time to give a scratch on the head for a few of my regulars.

Its also on my side because, thank the Lord, I've been pretty healthy my whole life.  In all my 39 years!  (hee hee), I've never had anything 'bad' happen to me.  I am seeing my friends starting to have stuff happen to them, or some friends who've had ailments most of their lives that are struggling, and even my elderly friends and family, seeing them age faster than I would like.  I still have to thank the Lord for my continued health, and watching my diet, and exercising, of course, because if I didn't have the 'health' that I do now, I would never be able to continue with feeding the city cats of Rochester on a VERY daily basis (I emphasize that because I do this EVERY SINGLE day.  There is NEVER a break for me, and it gets to you every once in a while).  And I continue to do this because of the cats that run to the corner when they hear my car coming (and they KNOW the sound, and look, of my vehicle), and know that they are hungry, and are waiting for me to place their precious, and I mean precious, food for them.

Thanks for your continued reading of my blog, whoever you are (as far as I know, there are about 20 of you?), of course I know who some of you are!  And thanks for the comments you occasionally post, because without those, I would be discouraged.  And thanks for anyone who has ever donated to help feed the cats that I do.  As I've said before, it cost me $100 a week to feed them.  That's a lot of dough. 

I wish you all good health, and a blessed weekend!

"We are still masters of our fate.
We are still captains of our souls."


3 comments:

  1. 40 minutes?! WOW!! What did you do with your bit of extra free time this morning? :) Happy Friday my friend! ♥
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW I see why I thought you were So much younger than I am!!! LOL! May you stay young forever for your own sake and the cats'. I know someone who is I believe now 78 and another friend in her early 70's still out feeding daily and trapping, and I dont know how they do it. I am slowing down from a few years ago! Keep it up girl!!!!
    Carole
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,

      Thank you for everything you do on a daily basis with all the Cats you shelter, alter, medicate and feed. I cannot envision you ever slowing down. You have a heart of Gold!! and are making a big difference out there. Keep up the Excellent Work.!!!!!!!!!!!.

      Walt Simoni

      Delete