Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Quiet on the Set!

All was calm, all was bright.  No notes, no creepy criminals lurking around the corner.  Plenty of raccoons though.  They are little beasts.  You can chase them but they run up the nearest tree to the shelter and food, and stay there until you leave.  You can throw stones at them, but unless you are lucky enough to tap one, chances are he isn't scared enough that he won't come right back down after you leave and eat all the food.  Since this past Friday, I have seen all sorts of wildlife.  I've seen wild turkeys, deer, opossums (a dead one), raccoons, and a cat sized rat.  And get a load of these shots taken by a night camera at my friend Maree's place, behind her house. 


Sorry, for some reason, I couldn't download the rest of the pictures -  pretty cool though, there was a fox, and a shot of several critters scavenging in the dark caught with a night camera.

At my first Parsells location, they don't want me there.  The note I left for the owner, he won't call me, I don't know his number, and my shelters are turned upside down, and the bowls trashed.  I obviously need to leave there.  Just down the street is my second location, and I will need to start calling the cats down there.  Its tough though, it is a ways down for the cats I am feeding at the first spot.  I hate some people, I really do.   Its terribly mean to do what they are doing. These cats need to eat.  They need something stable to cozy into at night. They have NOTHING else.  I face these challenges daily, and its so discouraging.  If people only knew.  With this Baldwin location, where the woman asked me to move the huts to another part of the lot, I was thinking about this.  These people in these neighborhoods SHOULD feel SO LUCKY they have someone in THIER neighborhood doing something about THIER problem.  If not for the hundreds of cats I've had a part in getting spayed and neutered, they would have more of a problem than they do now.  For the ones that actually care about their properties, it would be a lot worse if not for me.   Unneutered cats will spray, fight, etc.  AND multiply!  I just wish I had more help doing this.  Tomorrow, thankfully, Laura will be out helping me fill three spots at the clinic by trying to trap the pregnant calico cat on 4th and Pennsylvania, and the wounded red kitty on Baldwin.  I will be trapping also, doing my best with my new trap!

I am tired.  I need a few days off.  I am just afraid of what I will come back to.

Have a great day everyone.

"God gives different  people different talents.  Whereever He has you, He has you there for a purpose."

2 comments:

  1. Yes, keep George with you J he deserves protection, I have a fiv and it lives with a non fiv but apart from the rest of my cats because he deserves some peace in his old age, not because he is fiv. Rats ! Yuck. I have the occasional one in my yard, those people don't know how much of a favour those cayts are doing for them, they would be over run with rays if not for the presence of the cats, you they should be chipping in to pay for kitty food to keep the cats there !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbors cats catch more rats for me than my husband and his rifle do, !

    ReplyDelete