Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shoveling Cat Litter?



Well, it was an interesting weekend!

To begin with, the man on Hayward who has caused me problems for close to a month now, because he didn't like me feeding cats on the property next door to his newly purchased house, where he is supposedly renovating it for rentals, has not returned my tote shelters and boards that he stole.  Not only that, but I believe he dumped a huge pile of cat litter - used - on the next door property, just to make me look bad.  So, being the bigger person, I started the clean up of that this morning.  It will take two bags to scoop up, and muscles to drag to the curb for trash pick up tomorrow, but it will be done.  I did it not only to get rid of the disgusting pile of cat litter, but because the man that owns the house that allows me to feed on his property is a good man, and I want to respect his property and clean up what I can.

Speaking of this kind man, my friend Nancy (who lives just down the street from him!) and I paid him a visit, at his request, because he has adopted two baby kittens - listed on Craigslist - two out of nine three week old kittens - and one wasn't thriving like the other.  So we went over to assess the situation, suggested to try some soft wet kitten food for them - the bottle wasn't cutting it for this little one.  So happy to find out later that the suggestion worked, and the kittens were gobbling up their new food.

Last week I received a note from a woman who offered to take a cat that might need a little help, and I immediately thought of a cat on Hayward that I just had neutered a week prior and had to return.  This little black and white kitty ran to me each day, I had been feeding it since last fall, and he seemed friendly enough.  On top of that, with all the trouble this man has caused me on Hayward, the less cats there are to feed there, the better.  So, Sunday morning, I scooped him up and drove him to his new home in paradise, a beautiful country home in Webster, where he will never have to fight for his meal again.  Where he will sleep on a soft bed and not under a filthy porch.  I am so grateful this opportunity fell into my lap.  Thank you Joy!

At my 4th and Pennsylvania, someone came along and cut the grass on the empty lot next to the boarded up house that my stuff was trashed at last week.  I had managed to save a few things and dragged them to the lot next door, and they were gone the next day, after the mow.  Very sad for the six or seven cats that wait for me each day there.  I continue to feed on the covered porch there, for as long as I can, and will figure out what I will do when the time comes. 

On Friday, between Laura and me (I?), we managed to trap three more kitties - me the orange from Baldwin, and her two from Short Street - one being Millie, who was early pregnancy.  Now, Millie was named Millie because she was tiny, but I couldn't be sure of her sex because she wouldn't get close to me.  I knew she wasn't fixed because of no ear tip, but she also never got pregnant, so I convinced myself she was a boy.  But sure enough, Millie is a girl, and she was in early pregnancy.  Millie hangs with a male cat nearly identical to her, who I named Morgan (Captain) because he is blind in one eye.

I have begun to make a list of all the cats that still need to be spayed and neutered, and slowly but surely, we will do it.  I do need help financially with this, not to mention food.  Its $50 to spay or neuter a cat at Rochester Community Animal Clinic on Bay Street.  I have had donations made there in my name before, and I am ever so grateful for that.  That means that YOU have done your share to stop the overpopulation of cats, you have prevented hundreds of cats being born out there on the streets.  I just do the back work for you!  :)  :(  Would love you to join me!  :)

Another day, another dollar, have a great day!  I LOVE THIS QUOTE:
"How people treat you is their karma.
How you react is yours."

3 comments:

  1. Obviously action on Hayward is of a pervasive nature, keep observing Janine. Congrats on your recent re homing and great work again for the bottle baby and their wonderful owner, although this man does not join you every day, he is like us, part of. Team, there is no greater feeling than to belong to a group or team that share their talent, time and good feelings about something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like like not everyone was celebrating our Memorial day with their friends on the weekend ....... I know you and your were Janine, you have been blessed with many friends and a huge familly, . your daily blog that tells us of your hardship is a great way to spread the word that you need help, this is no easy task so when there is a success story, it is all the more sweet for us and helps our group to grow. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling really impressive. i just want to know about What should I feed my new kittens?

    ReplyDelete