Friday, May 23, 2014

Crazy Business




Well, GREAT news.   At my Hayward location, according to the officer at the NET office, if I could get written permission from the owner of the house, that I've had verbal permission from for years, for feeding the kitties on the side of his rental property, then it would be best, and the 'guy' next door would have no legal right to remove my stuff.  Well, I finally spoke to this wonderful man, and he agreed to provide me in writing his permission.  I will be going to his house this morning to have him sign this simple agreement, and to bring him something sweet - a breakfast treat of some kind.  It was funny, when he agreed, he said 'as long as you do something for me'.  I immediately exclaimed "of course, anything!"  He told me he had two three week old kittens that he had been bottle feeding, and still didn't know the ratio of milk and water.  After double checking with my friend Julie, I called him back to tell him to immediately get KMR, and Julie sent me instructions, and I forwarded those to him, and he seemed grateful.  I offered to help him with them in any way I could.  If I could.  So that's the scoop.  Going over there soon, and then skedaddling off to work!  GREAT news! 

Now, I just need the officer at NET to convince this 'guy' that he needs to return my shelters and boards, which was supposed to happen yesterday, but has not.  I will be making a few more calls, and then may have to take a more drastic approach if he does not return them.

This morning, I had two slots scheduled for TNR at the clinic.  I was able to get the red kitty on Baldwin who had a nasty wound on his forehead a few weeks back. And once again, with Laura's help (bless her), she got two from Short.  Hurray!~!  Three kitties!  I pray they have an extra slot at the clinic!  :)

So, all in all, a bad week that turned out pretty good.  Six cats neutered and spayed, and my legal right restored for feeding on this property (for now of course, I know this won't last forever.  My goal is to get all the kitties spayed and neutered there, and get them out of there, adopted or otherwise!).  I'd say that's a winner!

Have a great day!
 
"When anger rises, think of the consequences."

9 comments:

  1. That red on Baldwin is beautiful. Fabulous news about Hayward. Maybe we can figure out a way to block from view with a planter or something... I'll give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Janine. Good always prevails and you ended this week on a very good note!! Thanks for your help Laura - you're a blessing to these kitties. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Janine! I agree with Nancy C; although some bad things are going to happen, good always wins out! You and Laura are on a roll with catching kitties! As soon as I'm able to I will send you some more money to help. Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 6! That's awesome Janine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good end to the word week for sure. It's nice was someone does something to restore faith in our fellow man. -carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does shareif read the blog. I think it's creepy Janine, there is a history of very sick dangerous people that enjoy reading of their brutal acts in news article ect. Wonder what he's background is, perhaps he is of immigrant decent and if so I bet the good ol USA did not harass and chase his family out if in fact he is of immigrated family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing about shareif , you know we all worry for your safety every day, He draws attention to himself in a most negative way and it is never wise to keep things like this to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another amazing week for you......awesome results.... perilous journey...

    Alan

    ReplyDelete