Thursday, May 22, 2014

When it Rains, It Pours! (yes, I was soaked this morning)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions on my post from yesterday. 

Kristin forwarded this (below) to me, and I responded right away by clicking on the TAKE ACTION NOW link (at the end) that will quickly send a note to our state senator and assembly member.  I urge all of you to do this?  PLEASE?   I also added my own words in the part where you can express yourself, along with my blog link.  You are right Carol, we need to do something!  If anyone can message Beth Adams, or someone from the media via Facebook, that might be able to help also, or do an article on me/this subject.  Thank you for trying for me, for the kitties!  Please read below! 

A step in the right direction.  FYI if you haven't already seen this and 
if you have pass it along to others.  The more people that see it and 
respond the better the chances for a positive outcome .
 
 


Humane program will save taxpayer money, control feral cat populations and save lives.
Unsubscribe | View Online | Please add website@em.aspca.org to your contacts.

Community Cats
Need Your Voice

Contact Your State Legislators in Albany Today!
Dear New York Advocate,

The number of free-roaming (or “feral”) cats in the United States is estimated to be in the tens of millions.

Trap-Neuter-Release programs humanely trap and transport feral cats to veterinarians to be spayed or neutered and vaccinated, after which they are returned safely to their neighborhoods. As the only humane and effective method proven to manage homeless cats and prevent population growth, these programs can have enormous value to a community.

However, these programs are not eligible for funding from the State.

Fortunately, lawmakers in Albany have introduced A.9487/S.7290, legislation that would allow a portion of New York State Animal Population Control Program funds to support much-needed TNR programs across Upstate New York and on Long Island. 

At least 15 other states have animal population control programs that cover the costs of TNR programs. We need your help to make New York the next state to take this important step for feral cats!

What You Can Do

Visit the ASPCA Advocacy Center right now to quickly contact your state senator and assemblymember in Albany and urge them to cosponsor and support this humane bill.

Thank you for your help, New York!
Take Action Now »

An update from this morning - Thursday - that punk, Sharief, on Hayward, who bought the house next door to the house that I've been feeding at for years, with verbal permission, the jerk who told me the cats were "pissing" all over his property, and asked me to feed on the vacant city lot next to him, which I agreed to out of kindness, removed all my stuff from the vacant lot yesterday. There was nothing there.  I wound up dragging the only board left there to the house next door and place paper bowls down, to the crying cats that were thoroughly confused, but starving.  I left a note also.  I now need to call Officer Mitchell from the NET office to ask him to relay to @#$# to stop harassing me, and also need to call this @#$@# Sharief and tell him to return MY PROPERTY.  Wow.  Do I really have to go through this?  Every day?  The cats are suffering for it!  Not me!  There are people dying every day, suffering, and this is his battle? 

I also released the two females yesterday evening after they were spayed.  One was lactating.  Had to get her back to her babies, wherever they are.

Please don't forget about the babies that are still waiting for homes: Fraser, and George.  


Fraser

George

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janine - I clicked on the link and sent the email. Hope it helps! I urge everyone else who reads Janine's blog to do so as well. Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy Sharif's attitude is worrying me. You don't think he would try to poison the kitties to get them away from his house , do you? I only say this as a person that has had a dog poisoned by someone that didn't want the dog there. Pray for a good outcome to this situation, but it has me worried.

    ReplyDelete