Thursday, May 8, 2014

Weary Bones

Buster


Rufus


Daisy

Some of my own brood above.

I am sore today.  My body aches.  I am not sick, its just part of my daily existence.  It might be worsened by the zumba class I had Tuesday evening.  That's a pretty intense workout for this old broad.  I must get up a few times a night, beginning at 11 pm.  Yes, I go to bed pretty early.  And I wake each hour, and try to fall back to sleep, and then around 3:30, I sleep with one eye open, and one eye shut, the open one zooming in on the clock beside my bed.  When it reads 4 am (which is really 3:40 am. - yes, I set it ahead), I get up and begin my day.  Good Lord.  I have a mental alarm in my head, don't need the alarm clock, nor the alarm set on my cell phone, of which I don't have presently because I dropped it in the cat water dish in the kitchen on my way out the door to zumba on Tuesday.  Yes, I tried the rice thing.  No, I didn't try a new battery.  This will cost me $50 deductible with the insurance I have for it.  I lose bank cards, and cell phones.  That's my thing.  I am not proficient at anything electronic, I do not have a fancy schmancy phone, I use it only for phone calls, and occasional texting, of which I am not good at either.  I need a phone for any type of emergency I encounter, or crime I see in the mornings.  Its a necessity now.  I should be getting a new one, sans new contacts I've entered into it in the past six months, because they were not saved.  I hate electronics.  Wish I lived in the 40s and 50s.  Seemed like good times then.  We might have been able to get the overpopulation of animals under control if they had done something about it then.  I wouldn't have to do what I do now.  I wish...

Well, Princess, the cat I rescued Tuesday morning, skin and bone, is really Prince.  I am really getting bad about the sex thing.  Listen, I know the difference between a male and female, and I could swear 'Princess' looks like a female back there.  Well, I am wrong, once again.  I need to find him a cute name now.  He is a really really sweet kitty.  Non-aggressive, loving, attention-starved.  He checked out good at the vet, and got up to date on his shots.  I will need to have him fostered/adopted, I am hoping someone will come along soon. 

The cat I trapped yesterday for neuter and release this morning is back on Hayward.  He was miserable in the carrier I had him in over night, but he ate like a champ.  It was hard to let him go this morning.  But he won't be anyone's baby daddy ever, which is a good thing.  There are so many more out there that I must get spayed and neutered, including this wounded-head red kitty on Baldwin.  He was there again today.

I will end with that for now, and wish you a great day!

"Pray, forgive yourself, appreciate others,
listen to your gut, do things you enjoy,
and remind yourself that we are all
loved and connected."


2 comments:

  1. So glad he tested negative.
    batteries4less.com is really fast, cheap and great for cell phone batteries and other stuff for phones. Took 2 days, I got free shipping and easy to use site.
    carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous picture of squirrel and soldier, both of them good looking ! i put my phone in the non micro wave oven after it had colled down a bit for half an hour when it dropped into a sink full of dish water.....works fine, but I was super quick in retrieving it.....

    ReplyDelete