Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, I turned 39 today (or I will at 10:57 am., so says Mom)!  Really!  I swear!  I love being 39, its a GREAT age!  :)

All good news today!

I started off my birthday morning, with the help of Laura at a different location, trapping four cats altogether (well, five, I had to let one of mine go because she had already been done a year or so ago) and they will be brought to Lollipop for neuter, and then return to the city.  Laura thinks she got the pregnant one that I have not been able to get on Second.  Pray.  I then returned to the location of the kitty that I thought was pregnant on Hayward, who I believe was the one that was trapped in the house next door last week, and I got her!!  She is safe and warm in my bathroom until Linda, this kind girl who fostered Taffy last year, another pregnant cat I rescued from Grand Avenue last year, offered to foster her until she has her babies, and I will meet her for drop off later.  Here is the latest pregnant beauty that has no name at the moment - she has the most unusual markings...:



Thank God for Linda, because Another Chance Pet Rescue is stretched beyond their limit!  They just received three newborns that were dumped into an ashtray at a factory in the city.  A kind woman found them and called the rescue for help.  This is hard to see, but its a good ending for the three:


Other good news:  Harold/Stretch, who I rescued on Saturday morning, and he was adopted out Sunday by a family that was going to return him by Tuesday...  I spoke with the Mrs. last night, and unfortunately, the kitty was let out in the general population when they got home and that is when the trouble began.  I had told them the proper procedure, but they wanted to just try to see if they could just let it happen, as their one cat had already come up and sniffed at Harold while he was still in the carrier, and just walked away.  Harold is a non-agressive kitty toward others, so they thought it might work out.  After a little consulation on the phone with them, they are willing to give it another try.   I will keep you posted!

And in some other really good news, Pumpkin and Magic are getting adopted!!!  If you will remember, my friend Jessica recently lost her kitty Gxir, who's picture I posted a week and half ago.  She wanted to get two males that were friendly with each other because she has one remaining female cat that is a loner, and she wanted to be sure the new cats would have each other for companionship.  Due to the overwhelming number of kitties I had recently rescued and were in my house, Pet Pride of NY offered to take them as they would show far better there than I could on my own.  I brought them there last Friday, about a month after they were returned to me from a previous adopter that had allergy issues.  I was then notified by Jessica over the weekend of her wishes for two males.  I felt SO bad that I had brought Pump and Mag in already, but I didn't know!  She called yesterday and informed me that she and her mom are going to Pet Pride today to get them!!  YAY! 

The little kitten Paddy, who I rescued two weeks ago, is being brought in for his neutering this morning also.  To take a kitten that was born on the street, scared and lonely, and see him turn into a sweet and loving little purrball like he has become is like a gift from God.  He is ready for adoption! 

I just can't believe how wonderful all this is.  Its truly remarkable all the cats I've rescued recently and found homes for.  I think I will slow down after today, and not push my luck!

Have a great day!!! 

"If God had wanted me otherwise,
He would have created me otherwise."

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! 39? WISHFUL THINKING! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great result from you and Laura today Janine, she is a rock star, no ? thank you for giving the instruction for a smooth hand over to "return to sender kitty" once again, will be interested to see if they can do it. Hhmmm, I would certainly like to talk with the person/s that dumped those babies in the ash can..........thank God some one stepped up and said no, to that horrible act. Have a great day beautiful, !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What phenomenal gifts you have received today for your birthday Janine!
    The cigarette babies are doing well and are settling in to their new foster home(foster Mom is in love!) She is naming them after cookies! When I picked them up yesterday and fed them, they went for the bottle like old pros! The folks at the company where they were found were intrigued with them and took pictures and shared them with us, so check out Another Chance Pet Rescue on Facebook if you want to see those pictures! You can tell how tiny they are by comparing them to my hands!
    Hope the rest of your day is just as good!

    <3 Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANINE! And a happy day it has been so far! You are a wonderful lady and I wish you all things special on this your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Yours is a wonderful life to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how things work out sometimes as with Pumpkin and Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Happy Birthday to YOU!!! Wish a wonderful day for a wonderful person...xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one deserves a HAPPY BIRTHDAY more than you Janine. You've done wonders for years and recently rescued sooooo many!! Love you, Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete