Monday, March 11, 2013

Hailey's Comet!



Please remember, my yahoo address is not working so temporarily I can be reached at jwagner47@rochester.rr.com

Here we go again.  Look what I rescued Sunday morning!  A very young, pregnant female.  I named her Hailey, because she was rescued off of Hayward, and its a pretty name!  Hailey walked right up to me as I lay down a little dish of food and water for a cat I saw hanging out at the corner.  When I see a cat out in these neighborhoods, I know they are strays, or ferals, and so I always place a dish of food for them.  I realise that in the daytime hours, the food and water dishes will be destroyed by mean people, so I plop a big helping of wet food for them so they get that one decent meal.  It was a struggle to get her in the carrier after I realized she was pregnant, but once in she was as quiet as a mouse.  She is in her early stages of pregnancy, but visible enough to detect.  I am so lucky to have it in with Julie's Home for Unwed Mother's (aka Another Chance Pet Rescue)...  :)  Julie offered to take Hailey, after of course, she is combo tested and given Revolution flea treatment.  So, I will be making an appointment for her this morning at my vet and fingers crossed, all will be well and she will go to her foster home tonight! 

And speaking of rescues, I rescued the third kitty from Parsells Saturday morning, Sylvester!  I drove him straight to the farm out in Canandaigua to join his brother and sister, Stanley and Sadie.  I am so grateful to Mary Ann for providing a wonderful comfortable barn for these kitties to live the rest of thier lives in - they have female sheep and their babies, and chickens to play with.  They have plenty of straw to stay warm in, and they were even fed leftover beef stew that morning! 

I just can't get over how many cats I've removed from the streets for a better life this past year.  I've done plenty in the years before that, but this year takes the cake.  I am not one to pat myself on the back, but I do so quietly today.  As my blog is titled, rescuing Rochester's cats, one at a time. 

Update on Sandy (aka Big Red) and Monkey Girl, both of which were adopted by Maree after I rescued them from the streets a few months back.  They are playing in their new cat tree - do you think they are happy??  They certainly are healthy and thriving in their new home.

Sabrina, the kitty I rescued a week and half ago from Central, who was hugely pregnant, will give birth any day now.  Her new foster mommy is ready and awaiting the birth of her babies!

Pumpkin and Magic are still looking for a permanent home.  In the meantime, I am enjoying them for their beauty, and the fact that they are true cuddlers.  Aren't they beautiful....


I also took a drive out to Scottsville on Saturday to visit with Banjo, the dog I rescued in the inner city a few weeks back.  I can't tell you how much his family loves him, and how happy he is with his new family.  And what great fun he will have this summer running around helping his new dad with chores on the farm.  He went from a chained up inner city outdoor dog who didn't get a lot of love and attention, to a comfy cushy life on a farm.  Great news! 



Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What can anyone say today after reading your blog but Aaahh ! the pictures tell a huge success story for all involved in what Janine has devoted most of her life to, in the plight of these ignored animals, that are right under all our noses. As always, many thanks to all who contribute, and open their heart and home.

    ReplyDelete