Wednesday, March 13, 2013

But they're all sweet Janine...

Those are the words of my mother, I will always remember her saying this, because she says it each time I tell her about a new kitty that I see on the streets and plan on rescuing or have already rescued – or when she comes over for a visit and she sees the latest one I’ve got in the bathroom that I had just rescued that morning, or the night before (usually a weekend!).  And its true, I fall in love with each and every one.  I was just noticing the morning, after I patted the head of a large male that runs from across the street when I pull up each day on Central.  He is a sweet boy.  Most of the really friendly ones I’ve rescued this past month – they’ve all been adopted, or gone somewhere that they will be adopted – four of which are still in my house.  Two pregnant kitties being fostered by Another Chance Pet Rescue.  The latest I have my eye on is a four or five month old kitten that let me pick him up this morning.   I hemmed and hawed, and decided that I would get him tomorrow morning.  He has been elusive – he never allowed me to get to close to him, and is a crier from the distance, obviously very hungry, and knows that I have food each morning – and for some reason, when I plopped down that wet food this morning, he let me touch him ever so gently, and then I scooped him up and he became a tiny fluffy purrball in the palm of my hand.  I didn’t want to make any sudden movements, but I wanted to see what sex it was, and I think it’s a boy, but he is still too far young for me to be that certain – in the dark.  Now, what do I do with him when I get him?  He is SO SO SWEET.  But Janine, they all are…

On another note, I took Miss B. and Wally out for a car ride last Sunday.  It was a dreary day, but I knew they needed it.  Neither of them drive, and they live in such sad surroundings, both deep in the hood.  They always enjoy them selves, and get a kick out of my stories.  I always bring a little whisky for Wally, and Miss B. enjoys the little extras I bring for her - especially the piece of lasagna I made the day before that I wrapped up for the both of them to take home to eat for their dinner.  We went to a duck pond near the zoo and fed the ducks, with cat food.  We always forget to bring bread!  I thought i would share the pictures I took of them, not the greatest, but at least you can see what they look like, Miss B., Wally, AND the ducks!  :)






4 comments:

  1. How sweet is that Janine. Those two look so happy. Another time take them down to the Irondequoit Bay and BRING BREAD, ducks, swans, birds, etc. are all there and it is so pretty and they can walk on the pier. Maybe even use the buy one get one free hamburger coupons for Bill Gray's. You are an angel. Heaven is waiting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine, speaking of you and Heaven, may I ask, where did you come from, why are you the way you are ? You are one Hell of a girl ! much love to you from so many of us xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome and I am so glad you met me. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for Cee Lo, he wakes me up every morning with his sweet purr. His motor never shuts off :)

    ReplyDelete