Thursday, March 7, 2013

Think Spring



If anyone is unable to contact me through Yahoo (now defunct), please use the following new address:  jwagner47@rochester.rr.com - thanks!

There isn’t much to report out there today. I am thinking spring, as there were wet towels from the snow melt, and I might have imagined that I heard a robin singing! Its very tiring to do what I do though. I can’t tell you how many mornings – this one included – that I just wish I didn’t have to go feed and could stay all warm and cozy in my bed. My little cocoon. Then I remember that these cats have no real cocoons to rest in, and are hungry and waiting for Janine, their Saviour, to come feed them and give them a pat on the head and say a few words to them.

I asked for help in trapping the pregnant kitten that I see every day now on Second, but she had no success this morning. My job was to NOT feed there, but apparently there was still food there so kitty wasn’t desperate to eat. I see a total of at least five cats running for me when I open the door each day, and those are the ones I see. There are others lurking in dilapidated garages, under porches, behind bushes, waiting for me to leave so that they can scurry over to get their morning meal. Some have to wait for their share as there are only a few bowls to eat from. My biggest fear is the mornings I don’t see pregnant kitty, because I know she will have gone into hiding to have her babies. And in a month time, I will see them. And so the vicious cycle will begin again.

Banjo update:  Here is what Banjo's new mommy has to say.  I am proud to say that I rescue dogs too!  :)

"Banjo is doing AWESOME! He is getting more and more adjusted to being in our home. He seems very relaxed and is incredibly affectionate. He just eats up all the attention he gets. He does have a habit of chewing shoes--it was hysterical one morning when he picked up my husband's boot and carried it over to his blanket; I told him, "Banjo, that's bad. Put that back!," and he got up, boot in mouth, and lumbered over and dropped it back on the pile of shoes! I thought I would die laughing! He is VERY smart and is learning things quickly. He loves Bailey and is even getting used to the activity level of my girls. We are taking him to the vet this evening and then I will be able to make a grooming appointment. I'm sad to think they will probably have to shave him because his fur underneath is so thick and matted, but whatever they have to do is another step toward him being beautiful and comfortable. We will see what they say.

I can't tell you enough how much we are enjoying him. The whole process has been very smooth. I am proud to tell you he will never again have to be lonely, neglected, or hungry (unless of course I go broke from buying his dog food--he eats like a horse!!!)"


"Don't find fault.  Find a remedy."

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE success stories, and all thanks to you Janine. It must make your day to hear stories like this. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bravo" to the kind familly that helped Janine and took Banjo in. Todays quote is a good one, and certainly fits Banjo's situation. I wish you continued success with such a beautiful looking dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a report on Banjo! this lady sounds like just the angel he needed! Carole

    ReplyDelete