Friday, March 1, 2013

Sabrina


I thought after the Banjo drama this week that I would have a nice quiet Friday.  Well, look who I found this morning walking down Central.  She was on the other side of the median as I was driving to my last spot on Seventh.  I, as usual, quickly spotted her and stopped my car as I would for any cat at 5 am. out on the street wandering, and placed a bowl of food and water down and she came running.  And thank God she did.  She is ready to give birth!  I have named her Sabrina for now.  I had no idea what I was going to do with her, but I HAD to get her off the street before she had her babies under a bush somewhere.   The second I got her home, she warmed up to me and turned into the sweetest little love nugget.  She is so pretty!  After rushing her in this morning to the vet to be combo tested, she will now be fostered by Another Chance Pet Rescue.  Thank you Another Chance, for giving so many cats ANOTHER CHANCE!!!

On a sadder note, I spotted a young female on Second that looks to be in early pregnancy.  She won't let me close to her though.  I must get her trapped and somewhere.  She can't have her babies on the streets!  There are so many new cats to take the place of the ones that I get adopted out.  There are so many new unspayed and unneutered cats out there.  Its so hard to do this all on my own.  Its so disappointing.  But I suppose today was a win win.  I'll take it.

I wish you all a very good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful ! excellent work for her, Janine. What an ordeal you have spared her, the stress of protecting her babies and finding food for herself, while also at risk from traffic, the elements and other nasty things, so thankful for you, Janine. Yes, hope you can eventually get other baby momma before its too late, you never cease to amaze us in what you accomplish, all before you set off to work yourself.....

    ReplyDelete