Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nugget

If anyone sent an e-mail to my Yahoo address yesterday, I apologize - I am having trouble logging on, and as usual, these big companies are not very expeditious in correcting problems.  Its been over 24 hours now and I have not heard from them.  Any suggestions?  I cannot log in!  I have no other e-mail except for my work address.    janine.wagner@rochestergeneral.org

I share with you a picture of Patric (now named Merlot), a kitty I rescued last summer from Short Street, and adopted out at the end of last summer to a co-worker and friend.  She sent me a picture of him today - its such a sweet feeling to know these kitties are off the streets and into good homes!  Here he is with his unrelated brother Mickey - it took some time for them to become 'friends', but friends now they are indeed!  Thank you Vera, for being such a great mom to your babies!

Merlot (aka Patric) and Mickey


Merlot (aka Patric)
I was able to rescue Nugget this morning off of Second. 



I have been trying to find Nugget a home for a long while now also, as she is a young girl and very very friendly.  She ran to my car every day and allowed me to pick her up and hold her inside the car to give her warmth.  She would instantly begin to purr once she knew it was safe and could feel the warmth, and kindness generating from my hands.  This will most likely be the last I bring to Lollipop for hopeful adoption due to the update I got yesterday from my friend at Lollipop: 

"Franklin is doing great. He is a cutie! So sweet, and his abscess was drained so he is looking much better.
Talkie's (Sunny's) abandonment letter was just sent, but she's doing well too.

Bully is looking better and up for adoption now, and Grady unfortunately scratched a supervisor by accident when she was holding him. When this happens we have to put them on a ten day hold (per the health department), but he will go back to the adoption floor after that!  He is a sweetie. 

I found Boots and Bugsy! They are cuties.

Since they are all strays we have to keep them, so I am not worried about the ones you bring in. However, if someone else brings in house cats they could be euthanised for space if we're full. I'm not going to tell you whether or not to bring cats in, but it's something to consider! You are the one who sees them everyday, and I am always an advocate of getting the injured cats like Franklin in to help them out!"

So, thats it in a nutshell.  I won't bring any more sweeties anytime soon due to kitten season, and the fact of cats being surrendered would be in jeopardy of euthanization because they are full.  But I am thankful for the ones I was able to get off the street for now.  I miss each and every one of them each morning when I still pull up to their spots to feed the stragglers left behind.    This Sunday I am hopeful to get one more, Sylvester, from Parsells, to join his brother Stanley and sister Sadie at the farm in Canandaigua where their new mom reports:  "Sadie and Stanley have ventured into the great outdoors! Sadie came back with a big fat field mouse,Stanley empty handed, maybe he ate his in the field! Now they are sleeping inside the barn door, where the sun hits. Just like sunbathing! I am guessing they will go out to hunt everyday now they really like the fields."

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart."
~ Kahlil Gibran

4 comments:

  1. Like, like, like, !!! So nice to have news Janine and Maryanne, they are obviously very very happy and loyal to their new mummy, bringing back evidence of work to her, so happy now. Also good news from Lollypop, they are still the best we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran into a lot of issues with my Yahoo account after having it for many, many years. I closed it and switched to a free gmail account and that is working out so far. Just an idea for another account. Yahoo was not very helpful when I was having issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the kitties and Lollipop Janine. You did good!!
    Love the pixs of Merlot....lucky kitty. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to Sparkles???? Is she up for adoption? None got adopted post-telethon?
    In case anyone is interested in reading or having it- here is the NYS Health Dept. Sanitary Code for Rabies:
    http://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/zoonoses/rabies/sancode.htm
    I looked it up because I was unclear why Grady had to be quarantined for 10 days when he was previously rabies vaccinated (as evidenced by his eartip)and by Lollypop feral cat spay/neuter program, correct? I am still confused since the wording is difficult to understand.
    I hope they all get adopted soon, because they only have to legally hold a stray for 5 days, so i don't know why she said that. And I LOVE hearing about the barn cats enjoying the country life now! and SO glad she will take a third!!

    ReplyDelete