Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday News


A while back, I sent around a picture of a senior dog Cassidy - 8 year old Rottie - that had been neglected due to its elderly owners and was brought to the Livingston County Humane Society, and needed to find a home.  My friend Nancy, who recently lost her dog Riley suddenly, opened her heart and home to this 'young' lady - now named Kasey, and brought her to the vet after observing a lump on her, and I wanted to share with you the news she received:  "the vet just called about the biopsy on the tumor. Kasey has breast cancer. I honestly thought it would be bad - she had a tumor removed in 2010. She said I can do a chest x-ray to see if it's traveled to the chest but honestly.....I don't want to put her thru it and I'm NOT putting her thru chemo.

They said to just watch for more growths, which they'll remove and if it's gone to her chest, watch for coughing and difficulty in breathing. They can relieve some of that with steroids but it would be a matter of time.

This poor ole girl has had a rough time. With the heavy smoking going on in that house, I'm not shocked - plus with them not spaying her."

Nancy will give Kasey as much love as she wants during her time here on earth.  Thank you Nancy!

On a slightly happier note:  I received this update from my friend at Lollipop on the kitties that I took off the mean streets of Rochester and brought them there for hopefull adoption, and at least a more safe and comfortable environment.  Here is the latest!

"Sorry it's been a while, but I thought I would send some updates!


Sunny (Talkie): Doing well, still waiting for the abandonment letter to be returned... then she will go up for adoption!

Franklin: Healing well, and available! LOVES to look at the birds out the window and be pet.

Grady: His scratch hold is up today, so he is available for adoption again! His picture online is not too flattering because he had conjunctivitis for a little while, but he is doing much better now!

Bully (Renamed Billy): Available for adoption, and his foot is now totally healed. Check out the pictures of him on the website: lollypop.org. WHAT A HAM! <3>

Nugget: What a cute cat! She is available now too! LOVES her catnip.

Boots: Renamed Orion, he got adopted yesterday!! Now he is livin' the high life in Pittsford. He was scared and frustrated when he first came in but quickly warmed up and became a staff favorite!

Bugsy: Available at Petsmart in Henrietta!

Hopefully this is helpful and I didn't miss anyone... I hope you're doing well, and I will continue to keep you updated!"

  
On another note, meet Pip (thats what I am calling him for now - I have given a co-worker naming rights in exchange for a donation - his daughter will name him - hey, I'll do anything for a donation!).  Pip is the latest rescue, just yesterday.  Pip is about five months old!  I need to find him a home!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing about Kasey Janine. I'm so glad to have her and she's filled a gap in my life from Rylee leaving so suddenly. We'll enjoy whatever time we have together. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.https://www.youtube.com/c/AGNnewsChannel

    ReplyDelete