Thursday, November 1, 2012

Updates



Here is the latest from Big Red's (SANDY) new family:

"Janine do you remember an old b/w movie with Ida Lupino called "Leave me never" ? I thought of it as I cuddled with  Sandy just now !  he is awesome Jay, I put his warm food under the couch for him and lay on the floor with my hand near his head, one finger touched his cheek, and he pushed his nose under my hand !!  oh, then I got purrs and drool, with rolling around, still under the couch. I moved his food out to the open and he ignored it and followed my hands, rubbing against my leags, arching his back, jumped up on the couch, eat some more, cuddled again, got sassy, he did everything including looking into my face. He is such a cat !    I will aim for a Vet check appointment in about a fortnight, dont want to "cheat' him now, he would have had Rabies and distemper shot only at Lollpop, right ?  I want to test for FIV, but even if he is positive for that, we will still keep him, and will just make something specially for him.  Leave him, ? never.  xoxoxox Maree"

I am so thankful for this rescue.  Its one of my better ones.  Although I shouldn't say that, they all are.  I am so thankful for EVERY person that has given one of my babies from the streets a roof over their head, and love in their hearts.  Thank you so much to you all.






Picture above is of another kitty that needs a home desperately.  This little angel runs to my car each morning, and swirls around my feet waiting for me to feed him.  I call him my little Monkey, because of his curly cue tail.   He is less than one year.  Such a sweetie...



Finally, as I pulled up to my shelter on Webster, I found someone had wrapped a plastic sheet around the wooden pieces I had there.  What a cozy little shelter.  In fact, when I got close, a cat must have been sleeping like a baby because it got scared and went crazy trying to escape and not finding a way out.  I suspect its crazy Marilee, the woman who I've spoken about in past posts, who may have a few screws missing, but obviously has a good heart. 

"Progress is impossible without change,
and those who cannot change their minds
cannot change anything."

2 comments:

  1. God bless Marilee, she is trying. Oh Monkey cat is an outstanding individual, that tail is exclusive to him, surely someone will want a "stand out" kitty such as him ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky family Sandy has! May they be rewarded with his love and purrs for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete