Thursday, November 29, 2012

Success!

This morning three kitties were successfully trapped for TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) through Lollipop.  Laura got the white kitty from Webster that I suspect is pregnant, and I got the other two boys, Mr. Whiskers on Sixth, and Sylvester on Parsells.  I will keep you updated on the results of white kitty.  Of course I will have them on my porch when I return, and stress will take hold of me again.  Its the third part of TNR that I hate - returning them.  But again, there aren't enough homes, or willing humans, to help out.





Winston/Buddy - napping on mom

Some other good stuff:  I rescued Buddy (now named Winston - above) back in December, 2011.  This past summer a couple who already had a cat named Magic wanted to adopt him.  Here is the most recent update - I am thrilled when I get these updates from my adopters!  Thank you!

"this weekend I am planning on taking the Christmas cards pictures (wish me luck!) I got them a Santa hat... yup, it will be interesting!

Winston is doing great, he waits for me by the window and when I get home it's talk, talk, talk... I think he's either complaining or telling me everything he and Magic did that day. He makes so easy for us to love him.

And yes he's also a stinker he like to knocks things off my dresser and then runs and hides behind the curtains (probably laughing), but I can't imagine our lives before him. He is finally standing up to mean ol' Magic and sometime I caught "him chasing her".... that makes me feel good that he can stand up to her. This cat is by far the sweetest and the funniest cat I have encountered."




Here is an update from Nancy, who took in Morris (now named Jack - above)!

"Jack is doing wonderful - he's coming into my room more and more.  This morning I woke up with Cutie on my chest, Rylee and Emma on my side.  I didn't even see Jack until I got out of bed - he was up near my head.  Rylee's was alittle afraid of jumping up on the bed when he was up there, but she's getting used to him and vice versa.  He's fitting in beautifully. "
Thank you to all who have adopted from me!  I couldn't do this without YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Yay "Team Janine" ! many thanks to your and your colleague's for your kindness to these innocent cats, that cannot do this for themselves. Made my day to hear such good reports from adoptive parents, they must have put the time into settling the kittys in safely, for this great result. Nothing succeeds like success !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Janine and Laura! You two are amazing.
    And thanks for the updates on Buddy and Jack. I'd love to see Buddy/Winston's Christmas card once it's done! lol!

    ReplyDelete