Friday, November 16, 2012

TGIF


Not that life changes much for me in regard to the cats, but at least I don't have to take care of all I do for them on top of having to get to work and stay there for eight plus hours a day!  Nice to have a break!  In fact, have a nice break next week for the holiday - yay!  Will still try to post something each day, so copy and paste my blog into your favorites if you don't get an e-mail reminding you to read me!  :)

For those that find my blog sad, you might not want to read today, and I know you are out there, and most likely aren't reading, so this is a moot point.  But there is still some good news at the end, so there is hope!  :)

I just wanted to jot down notes that were memorable from this morning from some of my spots I feed at.

1st - Parsells - John and his 'roommate' (already forgot his name) just happened to be out this morning, John was letting his German Shepard Silver out to do his thing, and his roomie was just leaving the house.  First time to meet his roomie, and he seemed very nice and stated if there was anything he or John could do for me, to let them know.  That was very nice.  Now, call your dog in that is chasing the cats please.  :)  I am forever grateful to these two guys.  GRATEFUL.  Thank you for being the only two nice people on the entire street.  My regulars are two fluffy black and white kitties, one neutered, one not, and a gray kitty (I named him but forgot his name) that I would love to find a home for.  He is very sweet, and very special, and neutered.

2nd - Stout - This is where I rescued Morris/Jack from last week.  There are two black cats here, both unneutered.  There is also a deep red sweet looking kitty that looks like Red that hides behind this gross couch and garbage that are in this doorless garage that I feed at.  He is neutered.  I have two plastic totes stuffed with straw here, and a blanket in between both.  The two windows on each side are broken, rain and snow will soon be coming in and taking any comfort there is now away.  It was so sad to leave this red cat, that looked at me this morning with the saddest eyes. 

3rd - Garson - Talkie is there each morning to greet me, hungry always.  Here there is also the neck wound kitty that is constantly licking and scratching at his neck.  I believe his wound has never healed and he has suffered each day since last springtime when he was brought in for shots and neutering by Laura.  I feel such pity for this poor animal.  The one pathetic cat carrier shelter is on the porch, with a towel and blanket.

4th - Hayward - After placing food down for Bugsy and Boots, both two very friendly homeless cats, and not seeing Red for the second day in a row, I headed back to my car and noticed Red slowly walking on the road toward me.  He hesitated to come to where the food was once I walked back to guide him.  He is very sick and I am going to call my vet soon to see if they will take him tomorrow for his final day.  I know this sounds heartless to many of you, but I know he is suffering.  He is not the same boy as he once was.  I will not knowingly allow an animal to suffer.  Not on my watch.

5th - Webster - the kitties there are missing their beautiful shelter that once was, and someone had come along yesterday and tampered with the cardboard litter box houses I placed there with the board, and stuffed with straw.  Someone is very angry.  I got a voice mail from Marilee and she believes it was an angry person who was drinking that destroyed 'our' shelter because she said she found a liquor bottle.  I fixed this up as best as I could, and then left the little ones an arms length away waiting for me to leave.

6th - Seventh - nothing much to note here, no one has destroyed or taken my board in a while

7th - Short - a new black kitty here, hopefully sleeping in the wooden hut built by Bob, and the usual nice kitty and the other kitty.  This is where the black feral kitten I rescued and allowed Miss B. to take is from.  This is where I have rescued many kitties, as I have rescued MANY from all my other locations.

8th - Sixth - Leopard kitty always waiting for me, using the plastic straw filled tote on the porch of abandoned house there.  Leopard kitty came from Short and has stayed here on Sixth.  He used to run down the road each day to greet me from Sixth to the spot on Short.  He now stays on Sixth, waiting for me.  This boy is unneutered too.  He cries incessantly.

9th - Pennsylvania - Big red kitty from Sixth has made his way down here since Leopard Boy took over his spot, so he joins Sparkles, and Limpy, the other red kitty that is very thin, but more spirited than Red, so he is not quite as sick.  Limpy is not neutered.  Laura spent many mornings trying for him.  He has since also stopped limping.

10th - Third - Grady is here, but Bully didn't show up today.  A few black kitties and another fearful grey hang here along with them.  Grady is too sweet and needs to be rescued quickly before the onset of winter.  I pray someone can give him a home. 

11th - Third & Central - nothing to note here, just the white and grey spotted siblings waiting for food on the corner.

12th - Central - Mr. Kitty waiting for his food as usual.  This is the nicest, sweetest, long legged cat every.  A sweet brown tabby.  If I don't mention that they were neutered, then they all have been.  I am only jotting down who is NOT neutered for my own records.  There are several kitties here that depend on me.

13th - Second - When I pull up here there are at least seven cats that run to me - one is Angel, who bit his foster badly last spring when he was being neutered and fostered, and was placed back on the street.  Monkey girl is here also, along with another little baby that was recently neutered.  These are all great wonderful sweet kitties that I must get off the street.  There is also a kitten here that is too young for neutering just yet, according to Lollipop - they have to be over a certain weight.

14th - last but not least - Parsells - whoever has been moving my stuff off the boarded up house porch finally took the last of my selter - the cat carrier stuffed with straw.  I left a note on to of a cardboard box house that I had brought just in case and it said "Please have a little compassion - these cats have nothing, they are homeless.  They are God's creatures.  Please leave their pathetic shelters alone."  and then I left my cell number.  I tell you, you are a coward if you don't call me.  A true coward.

The good news (this is turning into a novel again) is that Laura trapped three kitties yesterday morning - I am hoping to hear the news soon of their sex.  Love taking care of those females!!  I would love to have this area completed spayed and neutered by the time this is all done! 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Croc Teeth


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you really are making an impact on the de-sex with that part of town Janine, todays news is mostly optimistic and even the organisations that have been doing this for years would consider euth., for poor Red, the best outcome of this illness. but I think all of us would take the same action in his case, you are very kind to take him to a quiet, peacfull resting place.Im so grateful he maters to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Red! :( He's been in my prayers for a long time since you first mentioned him looking sick months ago. I'm glad you can give him the dignified ending that he deserves. Give him a loving pat for me. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete