Friday, November 9, 2012

58!

That is the total with Lollipop for the past six months!  Thats how many cats have been spayed or neutered with their program they've allowed me to be a part of.  I don't mention this to brag, but I am in awe that that many kitties won't be reproducing!  Would love to hear the numbers on that one!  :)

When I arrived home shortly after 5:30 pm. yesterday afternoon, there were three large carriers on my porch, all holding a kitty.  I had successfully trapped a male and female, and Laura got little Monkey from Second, who surprisingly to me, turned out to be a girl!   So two girls and a boy, thats pretty good!  There would have been a lot of kittens produced by both of these girls, for sure.  Keep in mind though, the entire day yesterday was filled with emotion for me.  I am not a good trapper in the sense that I want to keep each and every cat I get, I HATE to put them back into the streets, HATE it, so I dreaded going home to my porch yesterday, DREADED.  You see, two of these three cats are both lovers.  Very very sweet kitties.   But who can take them?  Until I can find someone to adopt them, thats where they had to go.  I have enough issues with the cats I have in my house - fighting, bloodshed, spraying, stalking...  its not good.  So I cannot mix anyone into the fold just yet.  My little Cinnamon is on her last year I think.  She is skin and bone, but still a sweet sweet kitty who craves my attention.  So the remainder of the evening was spent on the porch with these three, talking to them, trying to soothe their fear, slipping food into their carriers, and finally covering them up for the night.  I had to go to bed early just to stop thinking about them.  This morning was very hard letting them go.  I named the one from Hayward "Bugsy" and I picked him up out oft he carrier and held him before I placed him on the street.  So sweet.  He didnt' struggle at all. 

Same with Monkey girl from Second, she let me hold her as I gently carried her to a safe place on the street and placed her down with the food.  

The other girl kitty from Pennsylvania, who I named Penny, scurried away very quickly after 30 seconds of having the carrier door open to her.  She didn't know me from Adam, and likewise, I had never seen her before, so there wasn't any trust lost there!  I pray she returned for the food I set down for her.

I did see Morris this morning, but before I saw him where he normally is on Stout, I thought he was this pretty boy at Parsells:




Here is another sweet boy that needs rescuing.  He looks like he's had enough of life on the streets, doesn't he?  But alas!  There was Morris waiting for me at the next stop.  Sweet boy.  I have someone that may be interested in him, fingers crossed!



I wish you all a great weekend.  Make it better for those less fortunate than us.  Do something nice for someone or something that you wouldn't normally do!  Smile at everyone you see.  It might just make someone's day!  :)

2 comments:

  1. The daily news of these largely ignored kittys and that their meager lives matters to someone, makes my day, every time.What a great outcome for Janines colony's, and her followers, very, very happy with the "stats." today !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house sounds like my house, I feel like a mother with unruly, jealous children, when will they stop ? Throw in the bird squawking and calling (well shrieking is more accurate) our names and it is quite a challenge somedays...... :)

    ReplyDelete