Friday, November 2, 2012

Courage!

" Courage does not mean you do not have fear. Rather you have the knowledge that something else is greater in life than fear."


I did nothing courageous this morning, I just needed to find a quote to give me some positive energy, and the above did the trick.  I made my usual rounds this morning, and midstream Wally called, after a week since losing his phone, and told me that Larry needed some more wet food.  I supply Wally Larry's litter and food in exchange for a roof over Larry's head.  Larry, you will recall, was rescued from Pennsylvania and Fourth after having a few serious illnesses and needing to get off the street.  My friend Nancy was kind enough to take Larry in, have him vetted and to heal until we could find a home for him.  After telling Wally I would stop by on my way to work this morning, I placed the phone back into my brassiere, where I keep it so that it won't fall out of my pocket, or so I thought.  I cannot locate my cell phone.  I am beside myself.  Funny how we've come to depend on these little devices in life today.  I just finished getting a new phone a few months ago due to it not working, and programming all the numbers I could find back into it.  I pray I find this phone.  It is my only comfort when I go out in the morning, knowing I have it to call in case of an emergency.  Its going to be tough to find in the dark tomorrow.   I have a couple of shelters that needed my attention this morning.  Some are built up so rickety, that the wind would blow the boards over.  I need to place a few huts in these two locations.  All my babies were out this morning.  I am so grateful that Red (#1) is now waiting for me down the street from where I've been booted from.  I still catcall for the kitties to come as I turn the corner to get to this one spot on Hayward, but I hopefully don't need to do that anymore, they know where the food and shelter is now.  I still place food down just before that where Big Red came from, as there is still a kitty there waiting for me.  I can't tell if its fixed or not.  Haven't seen Talkie there since Big Red was rescued on Sunday morning.  I pray he is doing ok!  


PUMPKIN


MAGIC


One other update, Pumpkin and Magic, the two kittens of Mommy Vanessa, the Van Gogh like kitty from Pennsylvania Street, were both adopted two weeks ago.  The woman originally wanted only Pumpkin, but was talked into taking both on a trial basis.  She had called a week ago to say that little Magic 'was not working out'.  That he seemed unhappy with her two little dogs and was hiding a lot.  It was agreed she would give it another week.  We spoke yesterday, she still felt he wasn't happy, and made a plan to meet this evening to take him back.  She called me last night to say she had changed her mind, that he had started to come around, and she thought it best to keep him.  She doesn't seem like a wishy washy woman, sounds very nice and intelligent, so I thanked her and told her I would talk to her at the end of the weekend just to be sure.  So there, thats a good story!  Will keep you posted.  Their pictures are above.  I miss them terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment