Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hump Day!

YAY!  I am so looking forward to the weekend, I have so much to do - housecleaning, but most importantly, my yard work.  I need to clean out my gardens and get some raking done.  This cat stuff has taken up so much of my time lately.  I used to be able to rescue just a few cats a year up until a few years ago, and this past year or two my rescuing has gone bananas!  So many kittens I've taken off the streets and found homes for, so many adults kitties too!  It was around this time last year that I was able to help, with Another Chance Pet Rescue's help, all those pregnant cats, and my friend Nancy took in all those other older angels that were in need.  That included Buster, who lived out the little time he had in a warm and loving home rather than suffer like he would have those few final months he had left.  This also included my mother taking in Gracie and Mikey, my sister taking in Digit and Buttons, my friend Jen taking in Mama Girl, my friend Mary and her husband Mike taking in Mike and Mario, a neighbor taking in Tiny Timmy, her neighbor taking in JuJu and Nikki, Connie taking in Mickey, my co-worker Carol taking in Otis and Fifi, my other co-worker Matt taking in two brother and sister kittens, another co-worker Vera taking Patric, Buddy being adopted by Yesenia and her husband, the latest - Robyn taking in Butters, my friend Donna taking in Puddles, now named Little Domino, Pumpkin and Magic being adopted by a couple out in Phelps,  Maree taking in Big Red - now named Sandy - OMG, the list is endless when I think about all the cats I've rescued and found homes for over the years, its mind boggling.  Not to mention the ones I've kept!  Please feel free to correct me if I left anyone out.

Its so cold in the mornings now.  As I made  my way to my second stop, I could see the eyes gleaming in the headlights, waiting for me.  The little black kitty, and Morris - the newly named kitty that I am desperate to get off the street.  Such a pretty orange, good boy.  He is older, like Big Red, and very very sweet.  Instead of sitting there chowing like the black kitty did after I placed the food down in the garbage strewn garage of the abandoned boarded up house, Morris follwed me to my car and could have stood there at the end of my door all day getting petted and scratched.  It was so hard for me to shoo him away.  He is one of the old Grand Ave. cats thats I had neutered this past spring.  He has come to know and trust me.  I must remember to bring my camera to take a few pictures of him and a few others tomorrow, but in the meantime, here is an almost identical picture of what he looks like:


This morning on Seventh, as I shone my flashlight into the darkness in the back of the lot, I could see a set of eyes blazing back at me.   They weren't the eyes of the two kitties that run to my car each morning when I pull up, and remember this is where Fluffy Jr. was just rescued to a barn last weekend.  I thought for sure they were the eyes of raccoons, but as I got closer, one set belonged to a black and white cat that I had never seen before, and the other was of a tiny kitten, just resting on the towel under the board where I have a shelter set up.  And this was a tiny kitten.  They scurried off as I got closer.  So, I must concentrate on this area again, as there are these two new kitties to care for.  I am hoping I will be able to do a few TNR's at some of my spots in the morning tomorrow, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, prayers that you get tiny kitten, so cold for it now....

    ReplyDelete