Friday, November 23, 2012

Lunatic Lisa

If you will recall, earlier in the summer, a woman named Lisa was abusing cats and was arrested on mental hygiene charges.  I did sort of undercover work and didn't give her real name here on this blog, to help out the police, specifically my police cat loving friend.  We got a kitten away from her as she was slowly poisoning it, just in time.  I befriended her on a false basis just to see if she had any cats, and after the kitten was removed from her house, I continued to run into her here and there on my route in the morning, and just checking in to see if she had any more cats.  Lisa loves cats, but her love is misplaced.  She believes that washing a cats mouth out with lye will cure them of ailments, etc.  She has seriously hurt cats before thinking she was doing good.

This past week or so my shelters on a porch of an abandoned house across and down the street from Lisa's rental has been vandalized, my carrier and totes serving as shelter have been removed.  I finally left a note for whoever it was to have some compassion and to call me, leaving my cell number. 

Again this morning, this rickety shelter I had set there, and the plates and bowls had been removed.  As I got in my car to write a new note on the back, calling the person a coward and to call me, I noticed a man and woman walking toward me, but turning to go into a house.  I got out of my car and yelled for them just to see if they knew who might be trashing my stuff, and sure enough, it was Lisa.

She then tells me it was her that had been taking my things and putting them across the road, because the cats "live across the street and will get hit by a car".  She then pointed to where she placed a shelter, which was under a bush.  I told her that it was not sufficient, that the huts and food needed a roof, which the porch provided, due to the weather coming.  She refused and said she would keep taking the stuff off the porch if I left it there.  Needless to say, I was furious and was yelling at her and telling her to stop it or she would be in trouble.  It got very heated until she finally went into the guy's house that she has been with, and I sat and texted my cop friend to see if there was anything that could be done to stop her.  My heart was pounding.  I will fight to the end with anyone harming the cats I feed, and their shelters. 

So I don't know how this is going to be resolved - but I hope it will be.  We have nasty weather coming tomorrow and their needs to be some protection on this porch for the few homeless cats that feed here. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job that you saw who is doing this Janine, at least it is a start. I wish I could make this stop for both you and the kittys, that person is dangerous, Im sure. Trying to think of a way out of this for you and the kittys.....please let us know if there is, anything we could do to help with this. May God bless.

    ReplyDelete