Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another Rescue!



Look who I picked up this morning!  This dirty little fleabag!  :)  I've been feeding her for quite some time each morning on Second, and as a matter of fact, yesterday morning, he/she jumped in my car and wouldn't get out!  Coincidently, an ex-co-worker wrote me yesterday stating she 'was ready' for a kitty, and thought of me first.  She wasn't looking for a kitten, but not an older one either, and a cuddler.  She is getting both!  Such a sweetheart.  I can't wait to get home to see how kitty has cleaned up after it dries out.  It had many fleas, and its white hair was almost yellow with dirt.  This little kitty doesn't know how lucky she is!  Sara will be taking her to the vet this week to check her out.    I will keep you posted on this.

Little Monkey Boy is still on the street, and waiting for a home.  I have someone on the backburner for him, but its still unsure.  All in all, there are so many kitties I feed that are so deserving of a warm and loving home.  Take Grady, the grey male that I had neutered a year and half ago, who is still hanging out at the abandoned house on Third with Bully, waiting for me each morning.  He reminds me so much of my Smokey.  There is something so special about grey cats.  They are the most loving, and the most forgiving.  They will not hurt you no matter what.  My Smokey will let me maul him to death with kisses.  Same with my Boris.  And both of them came from the streets, as adults.   Not enough can be said about the rewards of adopting an adult cat.  They will show you their love and appreciation for rescuing them for the rest of their lives.   I would love to hear from some of you that have adopted an adult cat.  My mother has two of my rescues, Mikey and Gracie.  Both from Third.  They've never had it so good, and she enjoys their company as they cozy close to her in bed each night.  There are still so many left out there, two greys, two fluffy black and whites, a pretty older red with white, these are all neutered and had their shots too, so you are getting a pretty good deal!  I'll even apply the flea meds before you take them!  There is no muss or fuss with adult cats, they know what to do and will start thanking you immediately!  Please consider saving an older kitty from the street!

An update on Pumpkin and Magic:  Their new Mommy is falling in love!  Pics below:




Another sweet rescue!  :)

2 comments:

  1. More fabulous news from you today Janine, it keeps us all going thru the tuff times, todays rescue looks like a little girl, too pretty for a boy ! My Sandy (Big Red) improves day after day, I gave him a toy rat today, and I tell you, an encounter with a rat, is not this boys first rodeo. My goodness, so vicious was he with it ! He has taken to sleeping on the electric warm kitty pad thru the day and meows at the door when he sees me. He is living proof that a street cat can be changed, if only a person has the time to spend with the cat. I know you kept the human contact up with him while he was on the street for years, always working toward a home for him and all colony members that you give hope to. May God bless you J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor little ragamuffin! Can't wait to see her all dried out. I'm thrilled to hear she has a home waiting for her and that Pumpkin and Magic's new home is working out! You are on FIY-ah with all these adoptions lately!! :)

    ReplyDelete