Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Spots



Thank you to everyone who commented yesterday. It was all good. I have done each and every suggestion in the past, and have found, there is no perfect answer, you just have to wing it the best you can! To think of how many cats I have brought into my house, and Toonces, being my oldest, at 16, has seen many many many come and go. Thank God I have had some very good adult cats that I’ve adopted from the street, because they have all tolerated each other over the years. I’ve never had any issues, besides spraying (behavioral), some stalking and bullying, but certainly never any bloody cat fights! I do believe you leave the cats alone, and they will learn to get along.


I now leave the house at 5 am., seeing as how it gets lighter earlier. My reasoning is that it WAS 6 am. before the time change, so why not! Its very cold out there now, but I have to believe that these cats will care for themselves, and use the shelters I have provided for them. If I didn’t believe this, or worried about it more than I already do, I would have gone crazy long ago – interpret ‘crazy’ as you wish – there are many ways I could go. We have yet to see snow storms, and my shelters are not complete, so I will continue to worry about them until then.

To update on some of my spots:

1. Seventh – each morning I hear the scurrying of two or three tiny kittens leaving the ‘nest’ of straw I have provided them in two shelters. One wooden hut and a plastic tote, with a board over it, and a board covering the opening that will shelter the easterly winds coming from the west that will whip up the snow. There are two adult kitties there, both have been fixed. I believe there is a tortoise cat here that is the momma, and is new to this location.

2. Central – Mr. Kitty continues to run to me each day. I hold him and tell him I will be rescuing him soon. I see another tabby, and a tuxedo with a small tail, looks like its been chopped off, all three fixed. Haven’t seen the little ones here that I used to.

3. Second – Monkey Girl, along with Red and a host of other regulars run to my car the second I pull up. I placed a carrier on a porch across the street from Paul’s house with straw in it. This porch belongs to a nice Puerto Rican man who loves cats. It will keep Monkey warm for now, until I can rescue her. I could swear I saw a large grey cat – I couldn’t confirm if it was pregnant or not, but it was either very huge, or very fluffy.

4. Third – Bully and Grady continue to run to me, while one or two black kitties, and another grey wait in the shadows. I keep telling Grady he will have a home very soon. He is wonderful.

5. Third and Central – continue to place food down on porch of boarded up house. Cat sleeps in the little stryofoam cooler there.

6. Pennsylvania and Fourth – Sparkles continues to run to me and roll on her back each morning. Limpy #1 (or 2?) – a very emaciated creamy red kitty who began to trust me has not been around in two mornings. I worry so for him. He has not been neutered.

7. Sixth – Mr. Whiskers, the tabby that is UNNEUTERED, continues to run to me each morning. I trip over him trying to get to his plastic tote shelter on the porchof this boarded up house. He gobbles his wet food like there is no tomorrow.

8. Short – Funny looking little black kitty still waiting here for me each morning. I don’t see the cat that used to sleep in the hut anymore – not for the few moments I am here. Except for those two @#$# little chihuahua’s that bark their heads off at me a few houses down. They are there EVERY morning!

9. Hayward – Bugsy and Boots run to me every single morning. Bugsy now gets on my lap before I am out of the car. He is one cute little baby. I didn’t realize how young he is. He is less than a year old. Very very sweet. I tell him his time is getting close to being adopted too. Boots is a sweetheart too, but he has been on the street for a long time. His buddy was Red. I still hesitate to take Bugsy away for worry that it will leave Boots a very lonely black with white paws kitty.

10. Webster – Still no one has disturbed the pathetic board and shelter I have here. There is a beautiful and sweet white cat here that waits for me. I see a few others most days, but Whitey is a regular. My friend Kristen and her husband Darrin are making me a shelter out of a piece of furniture that will supposedly be nearly indestructive. Can’t wait to get that there before the really bad snow comes.

11. Garson – Talkie and wounded kitty still there. Wounded kitty sounds odd when she cries, like there is something wrong with her vocal cords. Talkie always seems starved. LOVES the little bit of wet food I place down for her. Two shelters on the porch for them, not sure if they use them.

12. Stout – Little black kitty is still there, lonely I am sure for Morris/Jack who was rescued and adopted by Nancy nearly a month ago. I went there Sunday and placed some plywood over the broken windows of the garage- I cut them myself with a neighbor borrowed electric circular saw! It will at least keep the wind out from the sides of the open garage. This kitty is NOT neutered.

13. Parsells – there are at least five beautiful cats here each morning – including the grey one that I need to rescue soon. HE is being bullied by the rest of them, and doesn’t get his fair share of food or shelter. He is also getting sick. Most here are neutered, except for a beautiful long haired black with white cat that seriously looks like Sylvester from the old cartoons!

14. Parsells #2 – Lisa continues to come back here after I leave and trash the food. She is a seriously mentally disturbed woman who I despise. This morning there were two kitties waiting for me to place the food down.  She is not hurting me, she is hurting the cats, and THAT is unforgiveable.

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice update Janine, I feel as though I know them all so well because of you....praying for speedy help and homes for the most desperate of these poor kitty souls that need a home of their own, without harassment, torment and the elements. Dear God, when can they rest ??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you see those chihuahuas every morning - does it mean they are left outside all the time? should you report that to someone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I think they let them out early each morning. believe me, if I thought anything bad, it would be done! :)

      Delete