Friday, June 29, 2012

Breaking Point Broke

Yes indeedy, I snapped this morning!  Ever since I found the threatening note and the shelter placed at the curb a few days later at my first spot each day, I have been dreading going there.  But go there I must as there are at least six cats depending on the food and water I set there.  I continued to place paper plates and water dishes down behind the house where the shelter was removed.  I will not let the cats starve to death until I can figure out another solution.  As I pulled up this morning, there were people on Wally's porch, and I recognized the young tall thin black girl as living up above him.  As I got out of my car I heard her say something like 'you aint putting no cat food down here, those cats are eating my garden, and the raccoons, etc'.  She told me to take the cats with me etc.  Well, I snapped.  I started to go up to her and defend myself.  And the cats.  I told her she had so much hatred in her heart to see these animals suffer, that I couldn't take any more of these cats, that this is the only home they have, and I would not stop feeding them.  I asked her if she would bring her children up with all this hatred for people and animals, I called her ignorant, and at one point called her a really bad vulger female body part name!  I was FURIOUS!  Because all the while I am trying to defend the cats, she's telling me 'you put down food and I will throw it out'.  I told her just because she lives such a miserable life, not to take it out on the animals.  I really let her have it.  So, at one point, I proceeded to walk down a few houses and under a tree near the curb I set down plates and water and food and three cats followed me, gobbling up their food.  As soon as I stood up, I noticed her walking toward me.  I said I am calling the police, you stay away from these cats!  I then dialed 911, and she kept coming.  Then I heard her say  'I am sorry, I should never have talked to you like that, I know how much you love these cats, my boyfriend and I had a disagreement and I took it out on you and the cats'.   She kept apologizing over and over, of course I told dispatch to never mind the call, all was fine, and she kept apologizing.  She even offered to help me feed the cats.  She told me we could put a shelter behind her house, saying even though the landlord doesn't allow pets, doesn't mean we can't feed them outside.  She really just went  on and on.  I could tell - even asked her - she was sincere.  I apologized to her, of course I was crying at this point (yes, I cry at confrontation!).  I was so shaken, but I felt better once I left.  Hopefully she meant it and the bowls are there tomorrow. 

All other spots good, as can be.  A few raccoons needed to be chased away, had to gently kick a baby raccoon, he wasn't budging.  I felt bad, but my cats need their food too!  Limpy still limping.  I pray for that sweet boy.

Its nice to have a vacation day, although its not really.  I have some cleaning to do and then going to my friend's house to enjoy her paradise in the country for a few hours, where she has an adopted kitty from me, along with her dog, four other cats, and five chickens.   Kristen has made shelter for me in the past, and has some really great ones ready for me to go.  Thanks every one for your kind comments to me about the losses of my three boys in the past three weeks.  Its been tough, but I am renewed!  :)

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO girl!! I'm sooooo proud of you; I could NEVER defend myself like you did. You had just had it and it came out perfectly. What a surprise result too!! I'm so glad I know you Janine and all the craziness you've brought into my life!! Enjoy your day off....you definitely deserve it. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! And good for her for apologizing. Who knows, maybe she'll have your back now. Stranger things have happened, right?

    ReplyDelete