Monday, June 25, 2012

Whatta Weekend

I got drenched this morning.  It was NOT fun.

Saturday morning I was successful in TNR'g four male cats.  I tried to get the Buff injured cat, but no sign of him - go figure - the one morning I am able to try to save him.   A friend helped with two of of my four and with transport to and from Lollipop.  I cared for the two boys overnight, in separate bathrooms, and bonded with each of them.  It was very very difficult to let them back out into the terrible neighborhood where they came from.  Here are their pictures.



I also ran into Tamara, the prostitute on Central.  She was with the other prostitute that I wrote about a year ago when I wound up calling the police to say there was a very pregnant, very intoxicated female on the streets at 5:30 in the morning.  I thought there should have been a law or something where it is illegal to be pregnant and intoxicated, and including prostituting yourself all at the same time.  Not sure what happened then, but there they were, and pushing a baby stroller to boot.  She ran over to me, and I greeted them both.  The mother told me she now feeds cats because of me, and said she knows what its like to be hungry and felt sorry for them.  I went over to look at her little baby, Walter.  Sweet little thing was sleeping, and my heart just went out for him.  What a way to begin your life.

I went to my first spot Sunday morning, next door to Wally's house, and got a note that read something like this:  "Cat Lady - stop feeding the cats here.  Tip of the day:  Anti-freeze is quicker"  It blew my mind.  I then called Wally out of the house (he is up early in the morning) and asked him if he knew who wrote it.  He said the woman on the other side of his house.  I said what business has she got with two houses down from her?  I met the mother of the woman who actually owns the house that I feed behind, and they like cats, and have not had a problem with me feeding there.  How dare this other person threaten to poison these cats.  I will keep an eye out on this, and have proof on paper if any of my cats there get sick.  I wonder what else I can do, legally.

Another update - the kitten that the crazy woman had went up for adoption on Saturday at Rochester Animal Services.  A friend of mine was going to adopt it and then eventually my cop friend was going to foster, but apparently the little guy was adopted that morning.  I pray it was by a good person. 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, what a nasty, horrible woman! I think that qualifies as a threat, or at least it should. Check with your cop friend.

    I'm so excited that the kitten was adopted! That's an answer to my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the TNR!!

    ReplyDelete