Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

First off, to Debbie that wrote the comment on Friday, thank you.  I needed an eye misting this morning, and your comment allowed me just that.  My condolences to you on the loss of your beloved Uncle.  Life is so bittersweet....

The Ugly today was the weather.  Its wet, its humid, its miserable.  I could take it, if I didn't have the thickest, frizziest, untameable mange of hair that needs to be straightened by a hairdresser which costs a lot of money, for me, so I don't get it done that often, and when I do, it invariably rains the next day, which by then is a total loss of money for me.  But by far the worst of this weather is that it is miserable for the animals on the street.  They need shelter, and they get it under the most dirtiest porches around.  If you think going down the streets I do each day and seeing the filth on peoples lawns, imagine what under their porches look like.

The Bad is the kitty on Hayward.  I have mentioned before the huge wound on his neck.  I have just started to sneak Doxy in his food (thank you Julie for providing this - it has helped so many of my kitties) - I don't see him every day, but just about every other.  His wound is now travelling down the side of his body.  Its just one open raw wound.  He is constantly scratching at it.  Its terrible.  I don't know what to do.

The Good - I got Larry!!  Hooray!  Pulling up to his and Sparkles spot, I didn't see him.  I saw Sparkles come barrelling across the street to me, and as I looked around, as I do every time before I get out of the car at each of my spots, for my safety, there he was, across the road on someone's porch.  Just laying there.  I put food down on the porch for Sparkles,and slowly walked over to him.  I reached out with the tub of wet food I had and he didn't move.  I set the food down, he came to me, started to eat, and I walked back to my car, got the carrier out quietly, walked back over to him, got him by the scruff, and placed him in.  No struggle, no crying, no nothing.  He was SUCH a good boy.  He's a hot mess, but nothing that can't be fixed.  I applied an application of Revolution to him, and gave him some nice scratches.   He is in my bathroom now, safe, fed, high and dry, and one lucky little boy.  Here are some photos of him!  Prayers ANSWERED! 





The follies which we regret most in life are those which
we didn't commit when we had the opportunity.

4 comments:

  1. The good? The GREAT! Yay Larry!!! This news makes me smile today. He is precious & looks so happy to be in your bathroom. One lucky boy indeed. Next up, Hayward kitty maybe? Hopefully? You are making changes Janine...you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, you know, I AM proud - thanks for your note. But I couldn't do it without people like this girl Nancy - who by the way - Happy Birthday Today Nancy! - :) stepping up to the plate and offering to help. I told someone earlier, if I didn't have more than enough cats, I would keep this boy. He is a gentle giant. He needs medical attention though, and once he gets that I would love to see what his true personality is like. I can tell he's a keeper. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm SO HAPPY for Larry - and for you, Janine! God Bless you.
    Now we shall not only pray for Larry, but also for the wounded kitty on Haywood. I hope something can be done for him to ease his suffering. Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine,
    Thank you for those kind words to me in todays Blog. I'm so happy you were able to get Larry. It made my day, and put a big smile on my face.
    You're an amazing person. You have helped so many homeless and unwanted kitties. You may not be able to help all the ones you see, but damn it, you're doing one hell of a job.
    Crazy lady sounds like a scarey woman. I do hope your cop friend can help you get this poor kitty before something bad happens to it. I will continue on praying for all those kitties you are able to help, and for those you can not reach. We all work together at this, and it's amazing the amount of rescues out there who are helping those defenseless kitties out there. Thank you Janine!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete