Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Guilty!



I finally went to court yesterday, for my speeder. I had this hanging over my head since end of March.  It was a bad one, I was worried, but it was pled down and it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but then again, it could've been better.  One thing though, it was a lesson learned the hard way - and yes Mom, I promise to watch my driving from hereon.  I am already realizing that I don't have to be in front of that car, or the next one.  I don't have to be the first one to be there.  I don't have to hurry my life away like I have done for all these years.  When I was in court, for the second time (the first the Assistant DA was not there for me to plead down, so I was rescheduled), two different deputies each time called out my name to stand in front of the judge, and both said Janie.  Now, my name has been mispronounced my whole life.  I am not sure if people just don't read, or if what they are looking at is unclear, or whatever.  Even my teachers got it wrong.  Yesterday, I just wanted to loudly say "No!  Its JANINE!"  Our names, besides our bodies. are the only personal things we possess.   Everything else is just stuff!

This leads me to a question I am asked frequently, do you name all the kitties you feed.  I don't, and I could never keep up with 50+ names, nor could I think of that many.  Although I did get a list yesterday from Jessica that had some really good ones.  I am just not good with names.  Although Larry, who I brought over to Nancy's last night, seems to fit him perfectly.  He is SUCH a good boy.  I held him and stroked him when I got home last night.  I wanted to keep him forever, but he needs medical attention.  He is just not feeling well.  You can tell when cats aren't feeling well.  So I put him in Nancy's trusting hands, and she will be making the vet appointment for him.  She also brought Limpy in this morning to her vet, who will be anesthetized most likely to look at his wound, and neutered if he/she is not already.  Hopefully its just a wound, and once it is healed, he will have to be placed back on the streets.  I am told he is feral.   

I stopped at Crazy 'Lucy's this morning.  She is insane, for sure.  She was standing outside her door, purse in hand, again.  To look at her, she is kind of scary.  But if she didn't have this mental illness, she would just be another cat person, I am sure.  I did 'talk' with her and she did tell me she still has the kitten, and that it had the 'black plague' but that it was doing better.  I asked her how she healed it, and she told me she swabbed its ears with Carnation milk, and she put something in its mouth (the minute I heard the carnation milk, I tuned her out - just knowing I had to get away to make a phone call), and then mentioned Lysol in the same sentence.  I was horrified.  I told her I had to run to work, drove off and called my cop friend immediately.  She called me back within the hour, she is off today, but has been working on it.  There are many complications when it comes to legalities, but she is doing her best to try to get her declared insane and get her put a way for a little while.  In the meantime, they must stop there today to see if they can find this kitten.  Its sickening.

I did see injured Hayward kitty this morning and I could have kicked myself for forgetting the meds.  Another day of suffering for this animal.  I also saw my Big Red.  Finally.  He looks like he has been in combat also.  But he is very sweet and loving.  I was happy to see him.  Again, I need to remember to bring these pills to hide in their wet food when I go there each morning.  Say a prayer for these guys too.

On a brighter note (sorry folks)... Here is the list Jessica gave me for naming some kitties.  I really like some of them!  I am game for more if anyone wants to contribute!

Sparky
Baxter
Chumley (the fat, funny, dumb guy from the show Pawn Stars)
Leroy Jethro Gibbs (my fave show NCIS)
Timothy McGee
Ziva
Tony
Abby
Duckie (sense an NCIS theme yet?)
Sammy
Freckles
Speckles
Peaches
Snickers
Fluffernutter
Barney
Squirt

"Do not follow where the path may lead. 
Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments:

Post a Comment