Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fragile Loads



As I have been driving each morning before work to my mothers house to feed and talk to her two kitties, Gracie and Mikey, while she is away, I see road rage all over the place.  I'll bet there are at least 1 in every 4 drivers that are aggressive, as I know I have been in the past.  I also have had this court thing hanging over my head until June 12th, as the last court date, the assistant district attorney never showed, and I was left hanging with needing to plea down my speeding ticket.  So I've been thinking about that, and just yesterday, I received something in the mail from a very sweet kind girl who has been reading my blog, turned her mom onto it, and her grandmother!  She sends me things from time to time, they have made donations to me in the past, which I am so thankful for, but she sent me a card about the passing of my dear Cosmo last week, and not only did her card make me cry, but what she sent with it also did.  She sent me a little book of daily meditations, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me, as I have been a little 'off' in my life, and in my outlook on it.  I want to share the passage of what I read, that not only speaks to the driving stuff, but makes you step back and remember that we are all going through stuff.  How often is this person me, with a sick or injured animal, or hurrying to feed a starving animal.  I hope this helps you a little for today:

As Dolores was driving along a country road, she noticed that a car was following her rather closely. She could almost feel the irritation of the driver as she drove cautiously and slowly navigated several turns.


Of course, the driver of the other car had no way to know that Dolores was transporting 100 pounds of mashed potatoes, two crockpots full of gravy, and many other food items for a church supper—enough to feed 200 people! Sensing the other driver’s frustration, Dolores thought, If he just realized the fragile load I’m carrying, he would understand why I’m driving like I am.

Just as quickly, another thought occurred to her: How often am I impatient with people when I have no idea of the fragile load they might be carrying?


How easily do we pass judgment on someone, assuming that we know all the facts about a situation? God’s Word sends us in a more charitable direction, instructing us to treat each other with kindness, humility, and patience (Col. 3:12). How much more loving we are when we bear with and forgive each other (v.13).


Let’s treat others as we would like to be treated (Luke 6:31), remembering that we don’t always know the burden they may be carrying.


Kindness is a loving guide
That shows us how to live,
A treasure which, the more we spend,
The more we have to give. —Anon. 

If you are tempted to lose patience with another,
stop and think how patient God has been with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment