Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Madness

Boy are my titles lame these days...  But it was madness in a few respects this morning.  One being that I have not seen Larry now for three mornings.  Its so disheartening knowing this poor injured sick cat is out there, and I have been offered a situation by angel Nancy to go to her vet, and rest in her home until he can be adopted.   I wonder how coincidental that is.  When I got there, praying he would be there this morning, only Sparkles came running to me.  I walked all around this abandoned house, calling for him, as I have done the past two mornings, both of them in downpours.  I figured it was the rain that caused him to go into hiding.  I have 'lost' a lot of cats over the years.  I remember Smoky (#1) on Central and Goodman who I had set up a nice shelter for for many years, many times to find it trashed, but every morning Smoky was there waiting for me, even in the bad snowstorms he endured.  I would come there with my shovel, and shovel a path for him to walk down rather than trying to get through the mounds of snow that would build up.  He was an old guy, and I did this for years each morning, but one day, he just stopped coming.  I think about that now, and it still makes me tear up.  Its sad.  I pray Larry shows up tomorrow morning.

(some recycled old pics...)

 This is Big Red, who I have not seen since we trapped Limpy last Thursday morning.
I pray he is safe also.


 This is my Cinnamon girl, who I rescued as a kitten born to a feral mother, along with his twin Sugar.


This is what my bed once looked like.  Cosmo is mixed in there somewhere.


The other maddening part was that I stopped at the crazy person's house this morning.  I spoke to my cop friend yesterday, and she felt bad because she thought I thought she wasn't doing enough to get the kitten away from this woman.  I told her I knew it wasn't her fault, nor anyone, there is only so much the cops can do.  They had a double homicide this weekend, and I know there are things that take precedence, but she promised me she would work on it, as she has continued to.  Its a matter of getting this management company (landlord) out there for a surprise visit to catch her with an animal, that she is not allowed to have.  When I pulled up this morning, it was very quiet.  I was prepared to talk to her, pretend I was her friend, and ask her about the kitten I had seen last week in her apartment.  Instead, I saw an adult black and white furry baby laying in the doorway to her place.  He didn't move too quickly as I placed water and food down on her steps for him.  Then he took off.  God knows if this is the mother of the kitten she had, which was black and what also.  I will continue to monitor this situation this week.  Prayers everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I LOVE the bed picture! Looks like fun, but where do you sleep? LOL!

    Praying for little Larry.

    ReplyDelete