Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF, FOR REAL

I am so thankful its Friday.  Not only do I get TWO WHOLE days off from work, so that I can clean my house for half of a day, attend family party after family party (ha), and then on Sunday having to think about going back to work on Monday (I know, be grateful you have a job), but I can take a break from my blog.  I swear I bore myself to death sometimes with my writing.  I have been told (a handful of times) that I am a good writer, spelling errors and all, but sometimes its real effort to make it interesting to the few that bother to read my blog (and thank you very much for it!).   

There are two calico's out there that are just the sweetest things.  Both are females, and both are spayed and have had their shots.  I believe that each day that goes by, they are in more danger than the next, and more likely to turn semi feral (afraid of humans) in the neighborhoods that they are in.  If they had people being kind to them and petting them each day, they would most likely not be more afraid each day.  Here are their pictures, please consider one or both, and please pass this blog to all your friends in hopes that they might consider.  I must pick out some temporary names for them.  Their personalities are both sweet - one is more daintier than the other.  I welcome suggestions. 

I will be attempting to trap two kitties, and I have a friend who will also be attempting to trap two, and he has offered to be the transportation for them tomorrow.  This again will be free for me through Lollipop.  I am so grateful for this.  I am just always fearful I won't get a cat and I let people down.  I am going to try to get the buff kitty that is limping . that hangs with Sparkles.  He was there again this morning waiting for his breakfast.

This is what I see each morning.  Filth.  I feel sorry for the neighbor of this house, who likes to keep his yard immaculate.

I have had a number of stuff missing also the past few weeks.  Some very nice custom totes are missing from one spot, and at my first spot, they stole the water dish and all the bowls.  Its so disturbing to think that in the 90+ heat we had yesterday, someone could take the water bowls from them.  I will have to replace them.  I placed temporary little bowls down this morning.  The good news is that the weather is cooling down a bit and it will be a little more comfortable for my babies out there.  

I share a pic of a plastic water dish I placed near one of my shelters near the edge of a street.  If everyone placed a little bowl of water on their porches this summer, you could be helping a very thirsty animal.   Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. The first cat looks like a "stripe" to me down its back, so that's a good name! How about hitting Dollar Tree for water bowls, some of them are decent. I think you need to post a video on You Tube and Facebook of your daily kitty care and maybe people will send you donations for food and neutering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion! I already have a video of me linked to my profile here. IThe link is in the article -

      http://www.irondequoitpost.com/features/x855929524/VIDEO-Janine-and-the-never-ending-cat-rescue

      I will check out Dollar Store. But boy, a dollar sure adds up after all these years of replacing bowls! :) The video was on YouTube, but I don't think it got a lot of hits! :( I wish I could get more exposure! Thanks for your suggestions!

      Delete
  2. How about Callie as a name, since they're calico kitties. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete