Monday, June 4, 2012

Spelling Contest

I have to apologize for my spelling throughout this blog.  I normally pride myself on punctuation, spelling, big words, etc.  Most times I am trying to fire off a post and forget about checking what I write. 

I did not stop at the crazy lady's house in this morning due to no response from my friend the cop.  Last I knew she was going to get in touch with the landlord on Saturday and I had texted her to let her know I would take the kitten if they could get it.  This woman is not allowed to keep animals, so hopefully the landlord was contacted, and the kitten was taken.  I just wish I had gotten an update.  I decided to not go there if I hadn't heard back because it would be too dangerous for me - who knows if someone told her I was sniffing around there, and telling the neighbor what I was doing, which I did Sunday.  This man was sitting on his porch drinking tea and telling me about the guy upstairs who kept him awake all night, and crazy 'lucy' behind him.  He was telling me she was 'crazy like a fox'.  He said she is very resourceful in hiding cats.  I just pray she doesn't figure out my ploy.

Its been very rainy, I've had to change a lot of wet towels.  The picture above is of Limpy.  I saw him this morning, hobbling.  My heart is breaking.  I wish I could get some help in trying to trap him.  I figured out, this week, I have absolutely no spare time whatsoever.  My mother has gone away for the week, and I must go to her house before I go to work, so this has really shortened my time to have even a moment to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee, not that I had that time before.  Seriously, from the time I leave the house at 5:10 am every single day, I don't sit until I get to work at 7:30 AM.   I really want to get this poor animal off the street.

Speaking of getting cats off the street, I am going to be sending $100 I raised on this blog by one kind individual to help pay for Harry's surgery to the girl who has been caring for him, and her group, Four Legged Friends.  I only wish I could have done more.  As it is, I spend $100 on seven 16lb. bags of Dad's cat food, and $25 on 32 large cans of wet food to feed these cats EACH week.  Thats $6,500 I spend each year doing what I do.  No wonder I am constantly broke.   I have a hole in my garage roof.  I have a washer and dryer on the fritz.  I have a faulty electrical outlet in my living room that has reduced me to use just one plug.  I need help, but until I can get that, which I am always hopeful, I will continue to feed and rescue these poor animals on the street that depend on me so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment