Saturday, June 2, 2012

SaturDayDay - Quick Update!

After my rather wet rounding this morning - now calling it rounding on my 'patients'  - the kitties - I stopped at Crazy "Lucy"'s place, and as was bending placing food down and surveying what was going on there, I heard a tap and a 'hi!' from the kitchen window.  She had her hair wrapped in a towel as if she had just gotten out of the shower, and was going on about finding $25 on the bus yesterday.  Where this stuff comes up, I don't know.  As she is telling me about all the other cats in the neighborhood, up jumps this tiny little black and white kitten, no more than one and a 1/2 to  two months old.  I immediately went on alert, asked her if she was feeding kitty, and scurried out of there, only to have hanging out her doorway, no doubt half naked, and saying 'you can put cat food on my porch here if you want!'.  I said "OK!, I will be back later!"  Immediately texted cop friend, who did keep on top of the situation yesterday by immediately sending out her coworkers to inspect, as my friend was not on duty yesterday, but Lucy had fled, with the carrier and the kitten.  Apparently the city inspector was due there to check her apartment out.  She had to remove the cat.  Today, my friend will be calling her landlord and they will be getting the cat out of there, if she has not left with it by then.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment