Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Happenings

 LARRY


Ferndale and Webster Kitties

The kitty in red above is one that I had TNR'd many months ago.  He is now coming closer and closer to me each morning.  Of course their shelter has been taken away, but I still leave food and water for them on this porch of the house that is being renovated due to lead content.  Look at the beautiful black and white kitty in the middle.  And if you click on the middle picture to make it bigger, you can see the pretty fluffy little kitten that I believe had babies earlier this year.

Above is also another picture of Larry.  I want to get Larry off the street so bad.  He is older, and injured.  He has a hematoma on his ear.  If you click on the picture, you can see that there is an open wound next to it.  I managed to give him some Doxy this morning in his wet food.  Each morning he allows me to pick him up and place him on the porch (there are no stairs) of this abandoned house where the supposed owner took my hut months ago, and a few weeks ago told me to get the rest of my stuff out of there.  That hasn't stopped me.  Larry and Sparkles are buddies - they hang together.  I will continue to give him medicine daily if I can, until it looks better.  He is such a sweet boy.

I got a card from my vet earlier this week after I lost Cosmo.  It was very sweet.  It made me think.

I know that animals see things and feel things that we cannot see or feel.  They can detect illness, drugs, and most of all, negativity.  I know that animals can also neutralize negativity in our lives and heal us from anxiety, depression, and pain.

Their whole existence is to please us, and each day is forever for them.  Their future is always new, uncomplicated, and they live for the present.  They even accept pain and dying better than we do.  They just seem to know when they need to go, and if we are fortunate enough we see love and understanding in their eyes, and even a sense of of knowing where they are going and that we will see one another again.

So today or tonight, if you have a pet, hold it close to your heart.  You will feel its heart quicken and feel the kisses on your face, and with that the promise that animals will never lie or cheat or deceive you.  They are what they are – no mask, just pure love and devotion.  As the song goes, bless the beasts and the children.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so that when you die,
The world cries and you rejoice.
--Cherokee Indian proverb

5 comments:

  1. deff. mites there - hertz mite meds avil. wegmans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitty going to be rescued tomorrow or sunday, and going to veterinarian on monday! thanks Nancy!

      Delete
  2. Oh Larry...I hope he will be okay. Heartbreaking. Thank you for helping this poor soul.

    I have to tell you...the crazy woman who hurts kittens/cats has been, literally, giving me nightmares....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Chrissykat....I'd like to take her to my vets and have her put down...sorry. But it's sooo bothering me. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jainie,
    I pray that Larry is okay. So sad that there are so many cats out there that need our help so much. God Bless you honey for all you do for them. I'd like to repost a part of your post, then comment on it if you don't mind.
    Their whole existence is to please us, and each day is forever for them. Their future is always new, uncomplicated, and they live for the present. They even accept pain and dying better than we do. They just seem to know when they need to go, and if we are fortunate enough we see love and understanding in their eyes, and even a sense of of knowing where they are going and that we will see one another again.

    So today or tonight, if you have a pet, hold it close to your heart. You will feel its heart quicken and feel the kisses on your face, and with that the promise that animals will never lie or cheat or deceive you. They are what they are – no mask, just pure love and devotion. As the song goes, bless the beasts and the children.

    What I wanted to say was this. I lost my beloved uncle this past week. Spent the weekend doing the funeral thing. I don't think I've ever cried so hard as I did this weekend. I loved this man so much, you can't believe. He was a father figure to me, and I spent 6 hours up at St. Ann's Hospice Care Center that just opened a month ago (wonderful facility btw) and got to say everything I needed to tell him when he was alive. He unfortunately died on Tuesday morning before I had the chance to get up there.
    What I wanted to say, was, when I got home from the Funeral Mass on Saturday. My six four legged babies (3 cats, and 3 small dogs) all came up to me and snuggled with me. Even my skiddish cat who rarely comes up to me. When you said, that they live for the day, and do everything in their power to just make YOU happy, I believe that, but thank god I have them. They made that sad sad day, just a little bit better for me. God Bless my four-legged babies! God Bless you Jainie!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete