Friday, October 14, 2011

There Aren’t Enough Days in the Weekend....

Boy, is that the truth.  I have a family wedding this weekend, and it will take up my entire Saturday, and most likely half of Sunday with the family brunch that morning.  The older you get, the more precious your time becomes.  The more precious relationships become.  You weed out the bad, and cherish the good.  Life goes by so quickly when you get older.  There are so many things you can miss if you don't take the time to just sit and listen.  To just sit and watch.  To just sit, and learn from whatever you are doing.  We mourn the loss of relationships, either if someone passes on to their next life, or if we lose someone because that person doesn't want to be a part of our lives anymore, its all sad.  But if you are in a good place with yourself, its not as bad.  After all, we are all we have, ourselves.  We are our own best friend, and we have to treat ourselves that way.  OK, that was deep.  Lets move on...

My girl Trouble has been getting sick each day after I feed her wet food - Fancy Feast.  She is my uncontrolled diabetes kitty.  She weighs practically nothing.  I have been thinking of her suffering lately, and have contemplated having her euthanized.  She looks like she is suffering half the time.  She lives on my fridge for fear of a few other cats.  So you can imagine what some mornings look like when I get up and she has thrown up from on top of the fridge - its all over.  Splatter.  Everywhere.  Anyways, I called the vets office and sweet Kelly, a technician listened to me and my Trouble frustrations, and suggested we try a special wet food for her, easier on the stomach, and better for cats with diabetes.  I picked it up after work and brought it home, and gave her half the can, and guess what, she loved it, and after I fed her the other half this morning, NO VOMIT.  YAY!  And to think a girl who just works at the vets office could think of that.  I am thrilled, and Trouble seemed just a teeny bit happier this morning!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That's certainly a good way to start your weekend. I'm sure Trouble agrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissycat! So far, so good!! :) Its been five days now! :)

    ReplyDelete