Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rainy Days and Tuesdays

always get me down.......... Isn't that a Carpenter's song?

 Its like the 10th day in a row that its rained?  I really hate the rain.  I really really do.  Its so wet and muddy out there.  And can you imagine how the cats with the upper respiratory ailments are feeling?  Plus, my towels are so wet I have to wring them before I put them on my back seat.  And then I run out of large towels.  A few very kind people have donated towels to me, but they are like hand towels, and I really can't use them, except to wipe my own hands after I get in the car and they are covered with wet cat food and mud.  I need to go through my inventory, as I seem to be out of large bath sized cotton towels.  I need to lay down so many of them out there.  I had an offer by a very kind person to take another cat I feed off the street.  This has left me in a dilemma, wondering which cat is worse off.  There are so many.  Do I take the sweet female kitty that's definitely under a year, and not even fixed, with no shelter on the corner of Miss B's old place, or should it be Poppi, who is still very shy, but there every morning waiting for me, letting me touch her but just not enough to hold her.  Do I take the pretty tabby that greets me at the car door each morning on Second Street, and has actually gotten into my car a few times crying, or do I get the red kitty on Third that lets me pet him.  Do I get Rufus, the only kitten left out of three - the two I rescued and adopted out a month or so ago.  But will her mommy Emma miss her?  I just don't know what to do.   Its such a tough call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment