Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Judge Schwartz Letter

In reference to the earlier post from this morning, I thought I would repost the letter I wrote to the judge on behalf of the dog that was starved to death in this woman's garage.  The woman who did it, Love Jackson, no longer resides where Daisy now does.  I just wanted to share this with you, to show you that I tried, on behalf of the dog.

Honorable John R. Schwartz

Rochester City Court
99 Exchange Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14614

Dear Judge Schwartz,

I would like to re-introduce myself to you as I was one of the spectators involved in a recent animal cruelty case that you presided over, both in the April pre-trial process and the trial on July 27, 2010, the Love Jackson starvation case. You made a great impression on me seeing your sincere interest toward the people involved in bringing charges. Those who took the time to unmask this kind of cruelty, and actively did something about this kind of tragedy. I was grateful for the opportunity to speak with you that July day and sincerely appreciated your advice that you would read and consider any additional information that came after that trial date. As you explained, you could not read my letter attached to the petition until after that trial procedure.

This letter further elaborates my deep concern for animals that are abused. My love of animals stems from an early age when my grandparents and parents taught me how to love, treat and respect animals. My grandfather, Bill McCann, was very much involved in Rochester's political scene in the 1960s, one position was a personal assistant to Rochester's Police Commissioner. He ran for Sheriff taking on Sheriff Skinner. Unfortunately, he did not win the election. He, personally had many pets, even taking in orphaned cats. He was my mentor.

Over these past years I have assumed the task of seeking our feral cats, feeding them, giving them the necessary medical care and finding good homes as much as my position allows. My work has evolved into setting up a blog site.- http://thebean10.blogspot.com -to make this plight known to a large population.

As any large city, Rochester has a major problem with homeless and abused animals, and people with an indifference to what animal's rights should be. With this Jackson case, I saw our judicial system work and it energized me to continue with my goals to bring animal cruelty to the forefront.

With this letter, it is my sincerest request that you give the person who brutally abused God's creatures in such an inhumane and unjust manner, Ms. Jackson the fullest sentence to the extent the law allows. In addition to her jail sentence, we should set a precedence to assign parole-like work to continue after her time served, to work in an animal shelter under strict guidance where hopefully she would find remorse and compassion for the animals in her care.

I am most grateful for the time you took to read this letter and I hope you will give my requests serious consideration prior to Ms. Jackson’s sentencing on August 27th. At present the law considers this degree of abuse a misdemeanor. Life, be it animal or human, deserves respect, kindness, compassion and love.

Thank you.






4 comments:

  1. When someone stands up for what is right and good--we all benefit.

    You go girl....

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a joke swarts a drunk that runs drug court. Fucking joke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SOOO MUCH AGREE WITH YOU AS MY BOYFRIEND IS DEALING WITH HIM RIGHT NOW. AND YES HE IS A DRUNK ALSO IS A VERY UNFAIR JUDGE!!! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THEY ALLOW A DRUNK TO RUN DRUG AND ALCOHOL COURT????

      Delete
  3. Well, I think he's helped a lot of ppl obviously his drinking doesnt affect his life. He isn't in despair.

    ReplyDelete