Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Midnight at the Oasis.....

Bring your camel to bed...........???  or at least I THINK thats what she is saying in that song???  Yes, Midnight.  I rescued Midnight this morning.  Another cat off the street.  Another very sweet, very very affectionate, very tiny little black cat who needed to be rescued.  She was very passive amongst the other four aggressive cats I feed under the tree on Miss B's old street. In fact, she is the cat Miss B had to put out when she was removed from her property due to cockroach infestation.  So poor Midnight was beside herself, wondering why she didn't have a home to go to anymore.  She is really very sweet.  She has a pure white tip on her tail, and a little white triangle under her chin.  When I brought her home, brought her to the nice clean little bedroom with a pretty clean bed, a little kitty bed on top of that, a window shelf for her to look out, a nice clean litter box, and a bowl of dry food, wet food, and water, the first thing she did when she got out of the carrier was to hop up on the bed where I sat down and just wanted to be held.  She is a lover.  I hope I can get some pictures soon to post.  I found the following and it is just so profound to me.  I love it and I hope you do too! 

"I Have Done Something...

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society.
I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry.
"God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"
God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly, "I have done something," he replied. "I created you."
-- Author Unknown
"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"







No comments:

Post a Comment