Friday, October 28, 2011

Will Wonders Never Cease?

Wow, I am still amazed sitting here as I begin to write this.  I just had an encounter that made me almost weep.  It re-inspired me to think that some mean people might not be as mean as you think they are.   The woman who has been nasty the past few mornings going past me while walking her daughter somewhere as I am at my second to last stop under the tree feeding all these cats, the same corner where I've rescued seven cats in the past two months, was there again this morning.  She has made it clear she I shouldn't be feeding the cats, and you could cut the feel of hatred toward me with a knife.  Read the past few days and you will know what this is about.  Anyways, I am bent over, thinking I had missed her because I was a little late, and all the sudden, I hear "excuse me", and I jumped up, and she was standing there.  She said "I just want to apologize for the way I've been acting toward you, I am a Christian woman and thats not how Christian's act, and I think what you are doing is a good thing".  I was BLOWN OVER.  Apparently what I said to her yesterday as she was walking away about compassion, and teaching her child that, must have resonated in her.  I reached out for her hand and held it and said "thank you".  After speaking a few more words about what I was doing and how I needed to find shelter for the remaining cats there, we introduced ourselves and hopefully she will help me find a shelter for their food before the really bad weather comes.  I am just so inspired by that.

At my other locations, I placed some worn and broken little cat carriers down with blankets inside them at a couple spots.  Big Red is now injured on his paw.  I've got to do something.

I am on vacation from work today and plan on getting lots done around the house.  Have yourself a WONDERFUL day!

No comments:

Post a Comment