Monday, October 3, 2011

The Drill

Well, I've just taken some valium prescribed by my dentist in prep for a small procedure to fix a crown in my mouth.  My mother will be picking me up soon, and dropping me off for the hopefully quick visit.  I have a severe fear of the dentist.  Not of him personally, but what he can do with a drill.  So, he has precribed the drug in hopes it will calm me.  I doubt it.  Its going to be very bad either way, I just know it.  I am even contemplating switching dentists for one that provides gas.  That I can handle.  So, think of me!  :(

Lots happening this weekend.  Last weekend I brought two female kitties, one neutered, the other not, to a girl who offered to foster them.  They were kitties from Miss B.'s neighborhood.  I also got the two kittens from Miss B.'s house during the week and brought them home.  The weekend prior,
I also rescued Allie from the same corner.  My good friend Kristin took him in and renamed him Vincent Van Gotto (for his ear that is half cut off ).  The other two females that were being fostered were doing great until Friday night when one got out.  The poor girl Vicky is frantic, along with her 12 year old daughter, and so am I.  I pray she gets found.  I will go over with flyers to post if no good news today.  I am heartsick over this.  Vicky brought the other kitty that is neutered to Petco Saturday for adoption, but no luck for her.  The other girl that got loose is not neutered, so say your prayers for her safe, and unharmed return.  Vincent was also brought to Petco on Saturday.  A tearful Kristin brought him in, and to be honest, it is traumatic to bring a cat to put in a cage for the first time.  I did the swame thing.  But I now look at it like its a chance for them to socialize, be around people and noise, and hopefully be adopted by a loving family.  No bites on Vincent though. 

Saturday I also received a phone call from Miss B., who stated she was in the hospital.  She went from the women's shelter, where she is still residing, to the hospital.  Something about high blood pressure - over 200.  Here is a woman who was forced out of her apartment - and I am learning more about this - I don't think she was able to meet the rent - but regardless, who is this cold landlord that could force someone out to a shelter, and get this - all of Miss B.'s belongings were piled up in the driveway this morning as I drove past at 6 am., after an all night steady rain.  Televisions, all her clothes, every thing.  Can you imagine being that desperate, where you have no one to help you even move your things into storage?  Now I know one of the reasons when I see people's belongings - furniture, clothes, beds, etc. when I drive past these neighborhoods and these things are at a curb.  There are just so many reasons that people get evicted from their homes, but it all boils down to money.  The evils of money.  Its just plain sad.  She has now lost everything.  She will have to start new when she gets back on her feet, if she ever does.  I did go visit Miss B. yesterday morning and she was so happy to see me she cried.  I just wish I could do more for her.  Its pretty sad.  Really.  But I have to remember the good that I've done, by taking in some or most of her cats.  There are still three or four more on that corner that need help.  I must figure a way to help them.  There is NO shelter there for them, I continue to feed them under a tree, and when it rains, forget it.  The food is saturated after an hour.  Can't even think of the weather to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment