Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I am Losing It...

This is why I need a recorder.  I forgot to mention some highlights to my normally very dull daily early morning routine this past weekend.  First on Friday morning, there I was getting out of my car on Central to feed the ... three, no, at least six cats (that I can see in the dark), there was a woman walking past, and I spoke out my usual 'good morning!' greeting, but she kept walking.  I watched her and thought, mean...  mean..  mean....  the usual typical female out there in this area that isn't high or asking for money -- but when I got onto the porch, and started to pour down the dry food for the beautiful black and white cats that come right up to me meowing each morning, I saw the woman had stopped and said something like 'oh she is feeding the cats too'.  Well, that was my opportunity to talk to her.  Her name is Loretta, she was a nice black woman who told me she feeds cats too on 4th Street.  Its odd though, either these people are too ignorant to know about cats getting pregnant, or they just ignore it.  If I lived in the 'hood there, I would be trapping cats left and right and getting them fixed.  Then again, its always the transportation and time I have a problem with when it comes to trapping.  So maybe I can understand.  Anyways, I gave Loretta my number and told her to call me if she ever had a cat in need.  She really was a nice lady. 

Sunday morning, as I was going towards Hayward from a sidestreet off of Parsells, I saw two animal figures in the dark moving, and knew they were too big to be cats.  As I got closer, I saw a pit bull and a white german shepard.  I stopped, opened the window, made the kissing sound, and the pit and shepard came galloping over, with the pit climbing up on the side of the car trying to get into the window.  You could tell she was VERY friendly.  The white guy was just kind of circling the car...  I got out and started to pet the both of them.  I was totally bewildered about what to do, so I got out my paper plates and bowls, got the small bag of dog food I keep in my trunk, jug of water, and placed it down for the both of them where they gobbled it right down.  As they were doing this, the pit started to get into my car and wouldn't get out!  He wanted to go with me, whereever I was going!   As all this was happening, I had to tell someone! so I got out my cell and dialed 911.  Just as I was explaining the situation, I said, oh never mind, two patrol cars are just coming toward me!  They stopped, I explained what was happening, and the pit started to go up to the patrol car and try to lick the officer!  The officer loved it, was smiling, petting and talking like a baby to the dog.  But as usual, there is nothing they can do for the, and animal control doesn't come on until 7 am.  By that time, these dogs would either be long gone or hurt or killed.  So, I had to shrug my shoulders, give the little guys a pat (the dogs!), and be on my way.  I went down the street to feed at the next two spots, and wouldn't ya know it, here come Thelma and Louise, all the way down the street!  (yes, that is what I named them that morning).  Of course they scared off my kitties, Red and Emma and Rufus, but at least they didn't eat them, proof of that as I was feeding them Monday morning! 

Well, this morning, guess who was back?  It was the white german shepard running all over the neighborhood - and this time with another dog!  Of course I called 911 and did my duty, but what kind of dog owner allows their dog to roam like that, and no collar to boot!!  I pray they find their way back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment