Friday, October 7, 2011

TGIF!!

Its a glorius day, minus the fact that Cloe is still missing in an unknown-to-her neighborhood, I am sick over this, and the fact that what I see each morning breaks my heart with the cats that are starving, just waiting for me to come along.  God forbid I am sick a day.  Its glorius for the fact that the sun is rising, I am breathing, its going to be warm out, and its not raining.  I had enough food to feed all my babies, and then some - yes, had to chase a raccoon away.  Its glorius because I am trying to get out work at noon today, so I can begin my weekend.  Its glorius because there have been no deaths in my family, no serious illness, and I have a job.  I am thankful for all that. 

What I do need to concentrate on are two things:  Big Red has a very serious ear ailment.  The other morning, he scratched his head VIOLENTLY.  That poor animal.  And the little white and black cat that I believe had babies months ago, the ones I saw huddled in the igloo behind Paul's house with both of their eyes closed shut due to infection, I can hear her breathing, she has an URI that needs treatment.  I will have to try to trap Big Red and bring him to the shelter.  I hate bringing cats to the shelter, but he is suffering, and I have no money to have him treated, nor do I have a place for him to recouperate.  Also, I am a little frightened of him as he is a tough cat, and very unpredictable.  I could never hold him, I don't think.  Although he does circle around my legs at times, and when I pull up he does get up and does a big stretch the way cats do when they get up on their feet.  Its heartbreaking to see the illness out there.  The shelter is where I know the suffering will end.  And its only suffering that I will bring an animal there.  I have a friend who transports for me, because I just cannot handle going there.  Its too much for me.  I did it once this summer and I stood there crying my eyes out while this heartless worker there ignored me.   I am so grateful to have this girl who will drive sick kitties for me to the shelter.  In an ideal world, I would have the money to treat these cats, and a place to bring them for recouperation.  But I don't, and thats that.  Regardless, its still a glorius day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment