Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soaked to the Bone

I just started probably the best post in a long time, and for some reason, I deleted it by mistake.  Second time is not always the charm, but I will attempt to remember what I said:  It was a morning from hell (no, I am kidding, I didn't start out like that)  As I left the house this morning at 5:10, I heard the rumbling of thunder and the lightening had lit up the sky.  At 5:20, when I made my way to the first stop (I reversed my route this morning because the last two stops have no shelters and I feed the cats under trees) to get the cats fed before the rains came, it was too late.  It started to pour.  And picture this, its lightening wildly now.  The kitties were no where to be seen.  I managed to place a plate of dry food down on the top step of Miss B's old house (where no one is living at the moment) where its dry, and I do hope they find it.  Otherwise, they are going to be very hungry today.  Its terrible.  I thought I found some shelter for the one corner yesterday morning, but I discovered it looks like someones does live in this - what I though was - abandoned house just down from this corner.  This is why I am desperately trying to find homes for these cats at this corner, because it will be impossible to feed them when the snow comes.  Anyways, onto the next stops, where in the end, I was completely soaked.  Everything, top to bottom.  I compare this kind of weather to a snowstorm, which I go out into also - except in the snowstorm, its more physical exertion because you have to trudge through the snow, which is harder, then trudging through the water and mud.  Both situations are just plain bad.  On a brighter note, I forgot to mention another out-of-the-ordinary situation that occured this weekend while out on my route.  At one of my more scarier feeding spots, there is a house on the corner, a house that used to house the devil.  Its where this person lived and starved her dog to death in February, 2010 in the garage behind her house.  I went to court for the dog, and I also wrote a letter to the judge about it to spare her no leniency.  Turned out she was spared with sentencing of community service - to work at an animal shelter, but apparently this evil person has also moved since then, because out of the house on Sunday morning walked a woman.  I backed my car up - in the dark of course - and attempted to just make conversation with her to find out if she knows anything about the cats around there.  She did, she said she feeds them too.  Turns out her name is Daisy, she has dogs, hamsters, fish, etc. and loves animals.  I blessed her, told her what a great person she is.  She told me that where I feed - under a porch a few doors down from her house on the corner, the guy that lives there doesn't mind.  I asked her to confirm it with him.  I hope she does and I hope he is OK with it.  Its a very bad street if you go there in the daytime.  Scarey, really.  But its quiet and calm at 5:30 am.  It just goes to show you, even where evil used to reside, good can overcome it.  I am so thankful that this animal loving person named Daisy lives there!

No comments:

Post a Comment