Thursday, October 27, 2011

Riders on the Storm...

The Doors.  LOVE THIS SONG.  This song is in the top five of my favorite songs ever.  Its quite fitting for this weather too.  It hasn't stopped in days now.  Its so miserable.  The kitties that I can pet while they are gobbling the food I just put down for them, their fur is soaked.  People say they go find safe warm spots, but I don't believe that for all them.  Some of them either don't have a safe warm dry spot to go to, or they don't know how to find one.  The older kitten I rescued yesterday morning hid under the bed all day until I got home, and slid the bed away from the wall, and picked him up.  He was frightened to death, you can tell he has never been in a house before, nor has he ever used a litter box, after discovering a very damp spot on my bed!  Change of the bedsheets later, and a few times of plopping him in the litter box and showing him with his paws to scratch, he finally used the box overnight.  Yay!  I keep saying HE, its a SHE!  I don't have a name for her either, so much think of one or I will keep calling her a he.  I now have her purring in a ball in my lap.  She really is a sweet little one, very pretty black and white.  I keep telling her how lucky she is.  The spot I got her from , only two showed up this morning.  One was the smaller kitten that I plan on getting tomorrow, the other is older, but allows me to pet it also.  SO many sweet kitties out there.  Someone suggested I should post their pictures on here, so I must figure out a way, in hopes of someone wanting to foster these babies, so I can keep rescuing!  If anyone is familiar with blogs, I would love to know if I can add a sidebar of pictures that would stay there for each new post I do.  

Yes, I had many wet towels this morning.  Its getting to be that time again where I will be doing daily laundry with wet and dirty and frozen towels.  My washer and dryer are ready to bite the dust.  Large wet towels are very hard to carry into the house from the car, especially when you have like 10 of them.  But as long as I have my health, I carry on.  and on.  and on!

2 comments:

  1. I realize you've been doing this for a long time and I don't mean any disrespect but you should not use towels under the food or in the shelters. The wet and damp cloth causes heat loss through the foot pads and requires their little bodies to burn extra calories to regain body temperature. Unless you can place the towel far into the shelter it's better to use straw or nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback. Due to the lack of good shelters, I can only use towels and blankets, changed daily in this weather, due to winds, etc. carrying the straw away from behind my flimsy pieces of wood leaning up against a house or porch wall. Believe me, they appreciate the towels right now, until I can secure their shelters a little more before our big snow storms hit. I have four bales of straw in my garage, and have straw in my good shelters. I wish I had more of them. Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete