Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More News from the Weekend


On Saturday morning, when I pulled up to my third spot on Third Street, all was very very quiet. As I approached the abandoned house, as seen here, I noticed there were no cats around. Usually I see around 3 or 4, although I know there is more. This is where I recently rescued Gracie, whom my mother adopted. Also, there is Tuffie (you can see him on the railing in the picture better if you click on the picture and make it larger - he is a pretty boy, orange and white spotted), and a few other unnamed pussies. I have a lean to and some towels, and a plastic tote bin on that porch. Its not much, because under the porch I put a bale of straw down, and I had noticed they weren't using whats on the porch, except eating the food and drinking the water. But of course I placed the food and water down and went on to my fourth spot. The next morning I pulled up, it was still eerily quiet, and as I got out of the car and approached the house, I noticed something just under the porch, laying on the straw that was spewing out from under. It was a beautiful shorthaired red cat, frozen and/or rigamortis had set in. I went back to my car and got a warm towel to wrap this poor baby up in and placed him in my trunk to be brought to a humane place for burial. Who knows how this precious animal died. What spooked the cats on Saturday and was it related to this cat I found on Sunday. Did someone poison him? Nothing looked disturbed, as if someone had come up on the porch and trashed anything, I am just not sure. But as I got to thinking, if all of us just did a small part in this world and adopted one of these precious babies, we wouldn't have a problem with these animals out there in this weather - suffering. We need to put an end to this, and I continue to try to do my part in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment