Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

I am back, all is well. All is well for the kitties too. I guess. Funny incident this morning. At my first stop, I sneak up to a house and feed under a lean to I have set up under the front window. I look crazy, but that was the only shelter I could find/make for the winter for the three cats I've been feeding under a tree by the road since the summertime. Each morning I sneak, I can hear the TV on inside, and am almost certain the people inside can see me through the flimsy curtains and/or can see the footprints in the snow from their front walk to the side of the porch. I've never been approached, nor has the tiny lean-to's and my stuff been trashed. Well, this morning, as I am squatting to place the food and water down, I hear the door open. In the meantime, underneath my feet is five inches of very smooth ice which has formed from the icicles hanging above there. Well, as soon as that door opened, I get ready to stand up and finally meet the person who has generously allowed me to squat in front of their window each morning and my feet went completely under me, I slipped, didn't hurt myself, but I was never more embarrassed!! Well, this kind gentlemen just looked at me, and as I got up and composed myself quickly I introduced myself and told him I was just feeding the kitties and that I was trying to find them homes, but in the meantime asked him if it was OK that I was doing this, laughed and apologized at my clumsiness, and asked his name. He told me and said it was fine what I was doing, and told me to be careful not to slip anymore! HA! I must find some little way to thank him, and letting him know I am not a crazy person. Other than that, all was well at my next 8 spots. Warmer weather coming! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment