Monday, February 7, 2011

Massive Destruction






Well, most people wouldn't agree with the description, but some would. This morning, I went to my fifth spot, and when I looked onto the empty lot, where I feed in the back of it, I saw clumps of brown in the snow. I soon realized that they were clumps of straw that I had in the shelters I had for the five or more cats that eat and sleep there. I then saw the precious wooden shelter built by the students of a teacher who has befriended me through this, it was completed broken in pieces. I was heartbroken. I was not only heartbroken for the sweet cats that have now lost their shelter, but for the students who put the time and effort into building it, for the time and effort I had made in making this a secure and safe environment from the storms for these cats. I see sadness in my surroundings every day, but this got to me the most.
What evil lies in humans. Hate and destruction everywhere. No matter what age, or walk of life, everyone has a dark side, but this kind of darkness is pure evil. Not only did they trash the box shelter, but also the little plastic dog house I had there filled with straw. That surely was a warm haven for a few of these cats. I will need to find a replacement, which I will eventually, I will not let evil stand in my way. If I could only have seen it happening, I would have tried to talk to these people. What about the people in the neighborhood - someone must have seen this happening! What happened to looking out for your neighbors? I am one of them!
If anyone has an old lightweight dog house (plastic) to replace the one that was taken, I would so appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment