Monday, February 21, 2011

Wow, What a Weekend!




It was a VERY busy weekend for me! I always pray for a quiet weekend, because my days are so busy to begin with, but this weekend was an exception. I had a call from a friend who was looking for a kitty for an elderly woman - a sort of lap cat - and she thought of me which I was so grateful for because I have so many that need homes. I managed to grab Nelson who was SO ready - but I found out later that the request was specifically for a female, so my quest hadn't ended. As for Nelson, I don't think he would have lasted too much longer out there from the looks of him, but as of today, he is getting prettier and prettier! I attach his pic from the first day I got him. After his vet appt. this week, he will be good to go to a new home, for anyone interested. I just don't know how the cats I rescue manage to keep a sweet disposition about them after being on the streets for so long, but they do. He is a very loving sweet quiet cat. I know he will make someone a wonderful companion. The winds were very bad over the weekend so I am grateful to have saved another one from this winter's misery. It was tough going there on Saturday morning due to the winds, they knocked many of my lean-tos over and bowls were blown away, so I did the best I could.

So, to continue my quest for a female, I grabbed Fluffy this morning! I had no room at the inn for her, but I knew the transport of Fluffy was going to be done this morning, so she stayed in my bathroom for a few hours this morning before she was transported to her new home! I will keep you posted on the outcome of this. I am SO thankful, I was able to save another! Of course I could do this daily almost, but there are no homes for these poor babies so they remain out there in the cruel elements of nature.

1 comment:

  1. pom pom said she will try him at her house

    ReplyDelete