Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a Busy Weekend!


This has been a crazy three days since I last wrote my Dear Blog. My niece pointed out that she missed me writing each day, but its hard sometimes, especially when you have an extremely slow computer at home, and writing this shouldn't be done from work, so its sometimes painstaking. Anyways, here I am with lots to report! I had the day off on Friday, but it was a busy day for me. I went around to all my spots and fed my babies. Nothing significant to report, but Benny has been showing up each and every day, along with Boo, and a few other followers of his. Boo is pictured here. This is the ramshackle shelter I have built. Its very disappointing to me, I can't get it quite right. I layed some straw down a few weeks ago, but they way the lean to was, it would be hard for the cats to get in under it to eat and/or nest in it. So I had to prop it open, which exposes it to the elements, including the next big storm we have, which we will soon enough. I am in desperate need of lean-to's of a certain dimension. I have tried Home Depot, etc. but they won't provide me with what I need, for free. Anyways, on Friday I had lunch with someone whom I've never met, but she has read this blog, and she wanted to thank me, which I was overwhelmed by, because this has been a thankless duty for me for close to 15 years now. She donated some food, and her time to sit and talk to me. She runs Another Chance Ranch in Livingston County, and she is truly one of God's Angels. She takes in dogs, puppies, cats, you name it. We need more people like her in surrounding counties, as they are not as fortunate as we are here in Monroe County, if you can call it fortunate, to at least have 'humane' shelters for lost and stray animals. Other counties have barely humane conditions to keep their animals in before they are euthanized. This Angel also left me with something to think about - for every animal that is adopted, it allows rescuers to save three more animals, and its true. This leads into some wonderful news about Dewey. I got a call from the President of Another Chance Pet Rescue yesterday, they had been fostering Dewey for me, and he was adopted!!! I cried. Its just such wonderful news. I loved sweet Dewey and almost considered taking him back into my home because he went through so much in his short life already, and remained a sweet sweet boy. I just can't say enough about these two groups who have shown such kindness and compassion to help a fellow human, whom they barely even know. There are truly wonderful people out there, and this weekend was a good reminder and it has renewed my spirit to continue to try to save the world. And together, with everyone helping, we CAN do it! I have so much more to share, but will save it for another day. Lots more pictures coming too!

No comments:

Post a Comment