Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stuff...


I should bring a tape recorder along in the mornings with me, I have so many great thoughts to share, and by the time I get down to writing them here, they are gone. From what I can remember... this morning was a bitter cold one. Near ZERO. I picked up Nelson, whom I rescued this past Saturday, from a vet who could take him in, check him up, and neuter him. I asked about his ears - if they were dirty, mites, etc., and they said "other than being frostbitten," I should get some Advantage or something and that would treat the mites if there any. First, I don't like that this vet charged me all that money ($240) and didn't even look at the ears. Second, my poor baby, FROSTBITTEN EARS. His ears are a little crinkled around the edges, so that must be what frostbite looks like. Can you imagine the pain that must be? But he is a survivor, and is one happy little fella right now. This wasn't my normal vet, but I had to geet him neutered ASAP due to the smell of unneutered males' urine. I won't use this vet again, because it was just so impersonal.


Smokey No.1 hasn't been seen by me in two days now. Maybe he isn't as tough as I thought. I worry so about him. I think our weather should be breaking, but this poor guy has been out there for years now, and I can't imagine the pains he has gone through physically. I attach a picture of one of the kitties I feed out there. Its miserable.


I was also thinking this: if just one kind person on each of these city streets would have some little shelter, and provide food and water at their own house, I wouldn't have to do what I do each day. It would allow me to help these people to trap, neuter and return until I have a sanctuary where I can pick up all these unneutered babies and give them a home. Just one person on each street would take care of it. JUST ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment